Possible bad ICU? (wipers do what they want)

So recently my wipers have decided they’re going to strike out on their own and do what they feel like. I have replaced the switch and checked continuity in the harness (everything checks out) and still the problem persists. On the ICU front everything works as it should save for the park brake light staying on dim occasionally and the rear defrost doesn’t time out. Now to the wipers… With the ignition in “RUN” and the park brake set, the wipers do as they should with the commanded movement from the switch. Now with the park brake released the park brake lamp goes off and the wipers set themselves to “low” speed and nothing turns them off. I can select “high” and they wipe faster as they should but I can’t get them to stop wiping with any switch position. After staring at the factory service manual I’ve come to the conclusion that the ICU is the only place where the two systems interconnect and it’s a fairly known high failure item. I’ve cleaned up grounds 301 and 401 and that didn’t do anything. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if so how did you fix it?

in my experience, every time you get weird stuff like that, it’s the ICU. It appears to fail in stages. I sent mine in to get repaired for a similar wiper issue back in 2014. Everything has been working great since then, except that as of a month ago, I have the same e-brake light you mentioned, and my corner lights do not illuminate. Looking through the helms manual, the ICU controls these, so I’m going to send it in again.

I just sent an email to the guy who has repaired 2 ICUs for me, and he is still performing this job. Contact him at: briank@nsxe-repair.com

Tell him Neil from G2IC sent you.

Should have updated this sooner but a new ICU from the wreckers fixed it. I drove 800km since and not a single goofy thing has gone on with the wipers. At least it was easy enough to see on the wiring diagrams that it was the only spot they interconnect. The worst part of removing it was that damn red connector that plugs into the ICU because it was damn tight with poor access. I’ll have to find my old one and possibly get it sent off because none of our avionics guys at work will touch a circuit board haha. Thanks Neil and hopefully this will help someone in the future if they’re having a similar issue.