Post B18C swap vids

its all good 91_LS… your car is sick… but you can def tell you have LSD… in ur burnout vid.

as for transmissions go, they’re all different… 91_LS you have a hydraulic transmission with cable to hydro conversion… which came from the DC2… as for the DB2 its a cable transmission with short gear ratios. I have the B16 hydraulic transmission.

also 91_LS i had that same conversion setup and it snapped straight in half when i engaged the clutch pedal… the reason for this was because the way that conversion is set up it over exerts the clutch cable… i bet when you press down on your clutch pedal you can hear it engage under the hood. at least mine did. IS your clutch pedal extra stiff?? if so be warned. i ended up getting the hasport conversion. it was a night and day difference. it changes the route of the cable, relieves tension, and uses the stock slave cylinder position. the best 150 bucks ive spent in a long time lol

JDM B18C, complete swap. Y80 LSD Hyrdo Trans with Innovative cable-to-hydro kit. Not an LS trans. SiR-G transmission.

[QUOTE=DAprojectTuRtle;2213848]its all good 91_LS… your car is sick… but you can def tell you have LSD… in ur burnout vid.

as for transmissions go, they’re all different… 91_LS you have a hydraulic transmission with cable to hydro conversion… which came from the DC2… as for the DB2 its a cable transmission with short gear ratios. I have the B16 hydraulic transmission.[/QUOTE]
Ooo ok. Thanks for explaining this to me.

I believe i have the hasport as well,i would need to post a pic. But i do know it cost an arm and leg cause the other one i bought was cheap and bent on the first try. My clutch feels as if the hydro clutch would feel,not to hard with about an inch of play then it falls to the floor without a problem,i love it. I also have a Kevlar stage 2 clutch that makes my driving experience fun as hell…lol And no,i haven’t heard anything at all like you’ve explained

Correct,had to look it up and call RedZone in Fremont to ask. I got the motor from Hmotors and it had only 28k mile on it,byno at 162whp off the bat,not bad in my books,but i think i need a little boost…lol

Here’s the pic of the conversion kit. Can’t remember the name of it but it isn’t a cheap kit.lol Ill try getting better pics,its hard to get the whole thing.

regarding clutch play on mine, I should point out, that it feels exactly the same as the clutch I had in my LS when I first got it. Firm, but not stiff. So far, no issues with the setup, and there have been a few times where I have been quite rough on it. Taking it like a champ, and not a hint of the cable binding, and the clutch doesn’t get hot under abuse. Can’t smell it if it is, anyway. I have no complaints.

I got my swap from J-Spec Motors in Ashland, VA. Almost got one from Japanese Engine Import in Sterling, VA, but when I called the day before I was going to head up to get it, they told me they sold it. EVEN THOUGH, they said they were holding it for me, and KNEW I was coming the next day to get it. Sold it that day, and I told them to kiss my ass and that I was going to buy from a shop that knows how to treat customers. Called J-Spec, told the guy the scoop, was asking about $3,000 for the swap, I told him the parts I wouldn’t be needing, he knocked a few bucks off, and got it down to $2650 (which was $50 more than the other shop) but still within reason. He called me later, asking if I wanted one with an LSD trans, which I initially declined when the amount he was asking was out of my budget. He called me AGAIN, stating that he actually didn’t have any without LSD. I was about to back out, but he ended up making me one hell of an offer, one that I couldn’t refuse, by throwing in the LSD trans for only an extra $150 (where he was asking $350) So, for the price, there was no way I was turning it down. Told him I’d be there the next day to get it. I was a man of my word, and he was a man of his.

He did me a solid. Showed me all the paperwork for the old motor (I have it somewhere) verifying the KM (35,216km) which calculates to just a hair under 22,000 miles (21,882 to be exact). Even did a compression test on the spot. Each cylinder was in the neighborhood of 235psi and NONE were below 230. Awesome compression for a motor that isn’t even CLOSE to being due for its first timing belt. I replaced it all anyway, as it only made sense, but the fact that it wasn’t due for quite a few more miles is always nice to know.

ANYONE looking for a swap on the East Coast, check out J-Spec Motors in Ashland, VA. GREAT people. GREAT parts, and good deals on prices. They’ll have a booth at this year’s East Coast Honda Meet, come meet the guys. They have more than just Honda stuff, too. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru (especially. The owner is a HUGE Subaru fan. Owns a nasty STi) and more.

I’ll recommend them to anyone. As long as they are in business, I WON’T buy a swap from any other shop. They treated me too good for me to take my business elsewhere.

EDIT

pic above looks like the Innovative Kit. Mine looks a little “sturdier” than that, though, and mine is definitely from Innovative. Mine looks thicker, and the welds look neater. Mine is also probably newer, but that’s just being petty. lol.

I can say the same for Hmotors,they wore so helpful and treated me like they knew me for years. The motor was shipped from Japan the day i ordered it cause they wore out of stock.It all played out great cause the shop wanted me to bring the car in in a week,and my motor came the next day and i got the car back the day after. The sent the new timing belt,water pump,head gasket and replaced all the censers and did a compression check on it for me. I was also sitting at 232psi on all cylinders,not one was off speck.
Here is some better pics.

My motor

And my Cali sticker…lol

Yeah maybe its an innovative kit like you said. I know all the mounts are innovative,so its likely its also made from the same people.
Its all made of steel and it hasn’t bent once,and its been about 3 in a half years that i did the swap,can’t remember what the name of some of the parts i got,but i didn’t buy cheap shit…lol

closed

Yeah i looked it up. Thanks for the info guys,i learned a lot today…lol

this seems like a good place to post this vid… not really very exciting yet but im wondering if anyone call tell me why my teg is squeeking when you give it throttle

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/DarkDreadful/?action=view&current=05152011019.mp4

[QUOTE=Dreadful;2215444]this seems like a good place to post this vid… not really very exciting yet but im wondering if anyone call tell me why my teg is squeeking when you give it throttle

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/DarkDreadful/?action=view&current=05152011019.mp4[/QUOTE]

Mine gives a little squeek to :slight_smile: Im runnin KnN Intake and Skunk2Pro IM n when i hand throttle it from the bay sounds like its from the TB somewhere.

Installed my new camera mount and went to test it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TO8KDN2nI

specs of the camera mount? i’d like to get one of those soon :slight_smile:

I made it out of aluminum trimming you use for stares. I just cut it to the size i wanted and drilled holes for the headrest on my seat,then had a old GPS mount the i cut and mounted to the aluminum trimming…lol
Its cheap but it works,got the idea off a member on here,he made one and posted it up on the “Anything custom” thread.

Ill take a pic of it tomorrow and post it up.

I was thinking of making one of these earlier today… Definitely in for pictures!

Couldn’t take one with the cam on it cause i had to use it…lol

new video I did yesterday. I installed my Hondata s300 the other day. I put a stock JDM P72 map on it (which is the factory ECU for my swap) but, since the IABs are disabled, and only running on the “high rpm runners”, I changed the VTEC engagement point to a more conventional point in the RPM range. Most people who have GS-R swaps, know that STOCK configuration is as follows:
VTEC: 4400rpm (roughly)
IAB: 5700rpm

since my motor isn’t using the IABs anymore (solenoid is bad, and I’m not bothered, in 2 weeks, it’ll be replaced with a first gen Skunk2 intake manifold) I raised the VTEC engagement point to 5700rpm, so it acts a bit more like a conventional VTEC motor without an IAB equipped intake manifold.

here is the result. sorry for the wind noise. my phone picks up wind noise a little too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-2jfSzBtI&list=UUY58ECCCoPqBLMhBowgHoXQ&index=1&feature=plcp