Pr3 obd1 or p28?

Was wondering which one should i use, virgin pr3 or chipped p28 with vtec kicking in at 5800 and 5000rpm 2 step. its for my JDM B16A2 out of an xsi. Thanks

oh and forgot to say all the engine has is I/H/E

who did the program? I would stick with the stock ecu for the time being and use the p28 with something like crome, or hondata and have it tuned on the dyno. you will be much happier with the results. I tried one of those crap chips just for shits and grins on my old b16 setup to compare it on the dyno with my hondata, and my fuel maps were way rich/lean in the wrong places, and lost a crap load of power.

Im not to sure who did the programming but the guy who had it was running a b18 gsr head with ls b18 block with nos. Your right i rather ride with the virgin for now. Im not to happy with the vtec hitting 5800 when i shift around 7600.
pr3 if im correct vtec kicks in at 4800? much rather run with that for now. what do you guys think?

Your car is stock… run a stock ecu. It will compensate enough for the IHE that you have. Unless you’re going to get a proper dyno tune, dont run a chipped ecu that was tuned for a whole different setup.