Price Comparison on LS/VTEC parts?

Ok these prices are in canadian from my local acura dealer.

LS Rods = 138.09/pc
LS Rod Berrings = 10.49/pc
ITR Pistons = 70.46/pc
rings = 39.95/pc
GSR timing Belt = 105.86
LS head gasket = 112.42
LS Oil pan gasket = 37.83

what do they look like to you guys…??

Joe

compare to www.acuraautomotiveparts.net

i’m not familiar w/ canadian prices so its hard for me to tell. If you’re going to be buying new LS rods… don’t bother. cause you’ll have to get them shot peened anyway. And probably for the same price as new rods and shot peening you could pick up some aftermarket forged rods that would be much stronger.

IMO - shotpeening is a waste unless you want to brag exclusivly OEM parts, or you’re competing and need an OEM long/short block. The cost is nearly the same as a new set of eagle rods after its all said and done.

Originally posted by sTiZZiT
IMO - shotpeening is a waste unless you want to brag exclusivly OEM parts, or you’re competing and need an OEM long/short block. The cost is nearly the same as a new set of eagle rods after its all said and done.

shot peening is not a waste of time. For many of us its a great option. Most of us already have stock rods, and for a simple NA application why bother spending big bucks on aftermarket rods when you can spend half as much and just get the stock rods you already have shot peened. Now in his situation it would be more cost effective to go out and buy aftermarket rods… but thats because he doesn’t already have the stock ones. So, don’t put down shot peening, surprisingly you can make the stock rods pretty damn strong.