Problems with interior lighting

So here’s my issue. My interior lights work, but whenever i open my doors the lights do not go on…also i do not get the beeping sound when my doors are open i have a 92 RS. Help is appreciated!

Check your door pin switches, probably corroded, [rusty] very common on older Honda/Acura.

Question…
Is the problem, [no dome light/warning chime] only with the drivers door, or also with pass. door(s)?
BTW only the drivers door will trigger warning chime.:whisper:94

i have it with both doors…i mean i dont mind the lack of the bonging at all its just without lights it makes it kinda hard to get in the car at night XP

Check the pin switches and if that’s not the problem check the connections at the dome light.:corn:94

I have some input on this as im going through the same issue.

I’ve read back a couple of threads fcm posted in, removed the switch, gounded it to the chasis and nothing…So I removed the switch completely and cleaned up all the contacts best I could, sanded and wd40’d it and threw it back in…Still nothing. (I will add that my pass side door WILL illuminate the dome light but the drivers side wont.)

Anyway a few days go by, I open the door sure enough the dome light comes on. Turned on the lights and heard the bing bing bing sound I hadnt heard since I got this car. Well it worked for about 2 hours now doesnt work again lol

So maybe remove and clean both switches if the contacts at the dome light are ok. Cant hurt!

My problem may be related to the sheisty wiring for my alarm, but everything else is currently working properly as far as I can tell…Its just that connection Im having a problem with.

Hope you get yours sorted too…

okay…does anyone have pictures of the contacts?

Zenmachine Your problem is the ICU, drivers door pin-switch lead goes to the ICU and the ICU supplies the ground for the dome light and controls the chime.
If you know for sure the pin-switch works, [I would swap it with the pass. side one to be sure] then the problem has to be the ICU, a problem with the ICU is not uncommon in a G2.:cross:94

PIX???
Remove the switch and look. it is located in the door jamb, just below the latch, should be 1 Philips screw holding it.

Once it is out you will see the contact area. :tapfing:94

[QUOTE=fcm;1989608]Zenmachine Your problem is the ICU, drivers door pin-switch lead goes to the ICU and the ICU supplies the ground for the dome light and controls the chime.
If you know for sure the pin-switch works, [I would swap it with the pass. side one to be sure] then the problem has to be the ICU, a problem with the ICU is not uncommon in a G2.:cross:94[/QUOTE]

where is the ICU located?

I did a search for “ICU” and found this.

it is behind the fuse panel under the dash. if you take out the fuse panel the icu is clamped behind it.

Its from this link on how to fix your ICU for less than $5
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127170

I think Im gonna have to read up and see if that is worth a try.

I got the same problem on the drivers side. No dome light, the door light dosent come on, and no chime for when my lights are left on or for the door when open i also got a 92 RS

Just remove the switch. There is 1 wire attached to it. Pull it off and ground it to the chassis of the car as fcm suggests (touch it to some bare metal on the car) and see if the dome light comes on.

If that doesn’t work, remove the switch from the other side of the car (the one that you know works) and install in on the driver side. If it works with the switch from the pass side, then your driver side switch is faulty. If it still doesn’t work, then you fall into the “ICU” category like the rest of us.

ok soo what im getting for what you said is the switch from the door pannel like if i take off the door pannel right?
and touch the wire to metal on the car right?

[QUOTE=Mexicanpollo;1990186]ok soo what im getting for what you said is the switch from the door pannel like if i take off the door pannel right?
and touch the wire to metal on the car right?[/QUOTE] Not exactly.

You do not need to remove the door panel, the doors dome light switch is mounted in the door jamb, just below the latch, [black sliding switch] it is held in place with one screw, remove the screw and “fold” the switch out of the hole, it will have one wire plugged into it, unplug that lead and touch the terminal to the cars chassis, around the edges of the hole the switch goes into as long as the rust is scraped off down to bare metal, it may spark a bit, but not to worry it’s only 12V. :corn:94

ok then i think i get it thanks im gonna try to do it this weekend and provide pictures to see if im doing the right thing

FCM! your the man. well i did what you said and sow the pin that goes into my plug was rusted and switched it for the passenger one and now everything works!!!

Cleaned up the drivers side one and put it on the passenger side and now that works too. just rust on the connection