Problems with zendar antenna install...

I installed a zendar mini-racing antenna last evening in the rear squirter location. Install went on pretty smoothly all though I cut a bunch of sheetmetal under the roof to get the nut in there.

one of the problems I had is the plug wire for the antenna seemed to be one sided. It will go in one way and I dint have space to get it in. It had a rubber tab which prevented it from plugging the other way which I cut off.

So, I installed the wire and connected it to the deck. It also has a power wire (14 ga) which I need to hook to a 12V source. When I tried my eclipse amps power source, the antenna power wire got really hot, started sparking and caught on fire which I put out easily. It didnt damage the antenna

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong? Does the plug go in only 1 way? It has 4 prongs which seem to be able to go in any way, but I am not sure if I screwed up. I could take a hammer to the metal under the roof and make me more space or use a tool of some sort to cut out more space…

Please advise. Is there a wire behind my CD player I can tap into…maybe the amp has too much current ? Anyone have the color code of this wire?

Thanks a lot!

sounds like a short to ground. and dont tap the amp power cable, bad things happen. find a wire of the same gauge to tap into and try again. good luck

hey i just bought an mdx antenna, i need help on how to install it. how do i get under or remove the ceiling?

Originally posted by itsjerroldfl904
hey i just bought an mdx antenna, i need help on how to install it. how do i get under or remove the ceiling?

Do a search for “headliner removal” or something.