Project auto swap comlpete

I have completed the auto to manual swap with no complications and i can give verbal assistance to any one who asks
free of charge
Alan
228-424-2828

automatic to standard swap

the swap was a heck of alot easier than i was thinking
if i don’t answer my phone please leave a message and i will call you back

Alan

auto to stick

yo!! wassup?!

yeah i am like thinkin of converting mah teg to stick, but is it hard tho?? so what components do i need?? hook it up dawg… thanks

Awsome. It doesn’t seem that hard, just a lot of time and elbow grease.

In your experience, what was the single hardest thing? I’ve heard people say the pedal assembly :smiley:

its quite easy

the pedal assembly in my opinion is the hardest to deal with mainly lots of extensions and scrapes and head rushes from being upside down

Need help call me

alan
228-396-1206

here is alot of info

I Had never removed a transmission before did some research and i did it all by my self
it takes about 2 days
It Requires
-Pedal Assembly 90-93 cable
-engine Wireing Harness 90-93
-Standard Trannsmission form a 90-93 cable car
-clutch 90-00
-flywheel and the 8 bolts on it “17mm 12 point” 90-00
-the 9 10mm 12point bolts for the preasure plate
-half shaft for cv-axles the one for the automatic is slightly
diffrerent and won’t fit
-clutch cable

you need to drill about a 2" hole on the driver side for the clutch cable to go through you need the stock transmission mount for the standard transmission its right next to the passenger side tire the other is not needed the are the same
If anyone has any more Questions give me a call

Alan
228-424-2828
if i don’t answer leave a message and i will call you back
its always good to help out a fellow Tegger

I figured the pedal assembly would be the toughest. Maybe I’ll install that first just to get it out of the way.

A 3pedal automatic :slight_smile: I wonder what the vallets would think :up:

how about instead of being on the phone all day you finish off shenrie’s writeup here http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9357

my main concern is gathering EVERY single nut and bolt i need first, cuz i just know im gonna need something and i wont be able to find it at a store and will just have to wait to get it from someone.

besides cutting a hole for the clutch, is there any other ghetto rigging that will need to be done? im concerned for the quality and safety of the swap. i would like for it to be as reliable as if it was OEM from the factory and not have any downsides, if at all possible.

it would help if i could get cost estimates for everything. i dont think itll be easy to find someone who actually has everything i need with a set price. instead ive been calling around and each person always has something different, like the tranny housing but no clutch, or the flywheel and clutch but no shift linkage etc. just dont want to end up buying two of the same thing or actually missing something.

is any part harder to find or more valuable than another? that might help me decide on the cost and which to buy first if i happen to see it- junk yard vs private seller etc.

maybe i should start by memorizing each and every component of the tranny heh

SE-37K youre seriously gonna do it? maybe we can venture in it together. ill help and watch as you become the victim- er, i mean guinnea pig first

Originally posted by XDEep
SE-37K youre seriously gonna do it? maybe we can venture in it together. ill help and watch as you become the victim- er, i mean guinnea pig first

I have everything but the tranny to complete the swap.

The only ghetto rigging I can see is the hole left by the auto components in the floorboard near the shifter. Someone used Acrylic panels which warped/melted…

Originally posted by SE-37K
[B]I have everything but the tranny to complete the swap.

The only ghetto rigging I can see is the hole left by the auto components in the floorboard near the shifter. Someone used Acrylic panels which warped/melted… [/B]

RaM can probably help us make consoles

honestly, the pedal conversion assembly is not that hard,

if you actually think about it, I would consider tranny change over, , i say because its more work.

Both, to me is easy.