Projects during COVID

Did anyone pursue any projects due to being told to stay home during COVID? I designed a new trunk board that has held up remarkably well for the past two years. I wanted to do one to accommodate a full-sized spare but the tire just ended up being too big, so I stuck with the temp tire size.

I also repainted my GS-R wheels.

I got my Teg started for the first time after taking it off the road 10+ years prior to be my project car!
With my first kid in the way, my goal was to get it fired up again before she was born. Replaced the brake lines, put in a new gas tank, installed new brakes including Wilwood calipers, flocked the dashboard, and a bunch of various nuts and bolts turned.
COVID gave a nice excuse to not leave the garage and get it done. While it’s far from done, being able to drive it in and out of the garage is great.

1 Like

During quarantine I replaced all of the bushings, brake pads/rotors, replaced the headunit for one with Carplay and added a backup camera, cleaned up the one-piece headlights, I sent my wheels off to be refinished, after the little driving I have done during covid I had to lower the passenger from 1.5cm and the rear passenger side .5cm (new bushings changed the ride height), and finally I decided to add another set of wheels. I am just enjoying her now.

1 Like

I forgot one big project, I retrofitted from r12 to 134a. I replaced everything I could still buy, AC compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier, expansion valve, and hoses. I flushed the metal lines and replaced all of the o-rings. In Texas, I am not getting more use of the car when the temps rise over 80 degrees.

What color is that?

Always love seeing the different factory blue variations!

Monterrey Blue Pearl. From the 2nd Gen TL.