prothrane trailing arm bushing allignment problem

Hey guys, last year I installed a prothrane rear trailer arm bushings… I also had camber problem and I waited until my old tires worn out and now I have 16" isntalled. I fixed the camber problem however I discovered another issue. I keep having wrong toe in the rear!!! everytime i fix the two in a matter of days the toe is incorrect again!

It seems that the prothrane bushing is moving on its axis and causing the allignment to change everytime I have load in the car or I do high speed cornering!!!

Any ideas?? oh, and they also squeeq badly!

WOW i thought i was the only one. Everytime i get my car aligned, the driverside rear toe would be way out of spec and the passenger side rear would be too but not that bad and they do squeak a lot. I am still looking for other alternatives :(.

well, I was thinking of taking them out again and putting some grease… maybe they are too hard cause if u think about it, the tyre should be able to push itself in the correct direction…

Otherwise, it is easting up my rear tires like crazy… how lond are urs lasting??

i’ve had the prothane for more than a year now. I have 3 sets of rims/tires before so tire wear wasnt that bad.

Right now, i think i would just buy newer trailing arms and replace what i have. That should last me for a while.

I am thinking that polyurethan bushings are good for those parts that only move in 1 way. Like LCAs would only go up or down while the trailing arms should be able to move left to right a little bit (for toe settings) and up & down.

Let me know what you come up with :).

u got it, I’ll be working on it this weekend…

hey guys, I don’t know if my toe setting is bad(don’t think so cause I had it checked not long ago and it was fine…) I had my Prothane bushings for about a year now and they are squeaking like hell! I tried putting some spray grease on them, cured the problem but now the right one is starting to squeak again… after one week… Is there a special kind of lube we could put there to cure the squeaking?

hey answer, u don’t seem to have all the answers?? :smiley:

Okay, the proper grease to use is silicon grease… they will still squeak but not as bad, faint more or less!! also, the new ones come threaded from inside in order to allow ducts for the grease to stay and not just get squeezed out.

AS for the toe, do u notice any extra wear on the inside of ur tire?? if u do then ur toe is gone!

Still thinking about those bushings… need to fix the toe problem before they wear another set of new tires!!

ciao…

Originally posted by Armandy
hey answer, u don’t seem to have all the answers?? :smiley:
ciao…

I have the answers to pretty much all questions! lol! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

I can’t really tell if the toe is off since my tires are already eaten pretty badly on the inside due to my car being lowered, but my tires have uneven wear, so maybe that’s the cause…