Questions on the Gen 2 Integ

1> i’ve seen 2nd gen integras that have their bumper lens (bumper signals) on as if they were fog lights, and i was wondering how they do that, i wanted to make it so the bumper signals are actually fog lights that i can have a switch on the dashboard to switch on and off…

2> My friend took off my dashboard and somehow broke one of the wiring that connects to the MPH gauge, so now the speedometer doesn’t work, when i took it apart, the wire was just broken off, (it was a wire from the inside of the car connected to a metal piece that connects it to the dash, any ideas to fix it? i’ve had shops that say it’ll cost up to $200 to “look” at…

3>I wanna make my RS into a JSpec XSi, but there aren’t many specifications on it, can anyone tell me what differences is there between a japanese integra XSi/RSi and an american integra RS/LS/GS/GS-R

1. check the teg tips. there are two different methods by which to wire your bumper lights to stay on.

2. Is your ECU throwing a code? Cause typically if something is wrong with your speedo cable you’ll have your check engine light on. But if your speedo itself is broken it might not throw a code.

If he broke a “wire” why don’t you just find that broken wire and splice it back together? or if you’re talking about the clutch cable–replace it. Seems pretty self explainatory—just fix/replace the broken part (junk yards are wonderful!)

1. first off you can’t—jdm cars are right hand drive and that changes all kinds of stuff. But if you want to swap everything else, here are some things to start with:

-jdm b16a engine/tranny/ecu…
-folding mirrors (note: your mirrors won’t be as use-able, you know how each side has its own magnification? well, since jdm cars are right hand drive they will be opposite of what you’re used to, and thus not as useful.)
-90-91 orange bumper lights (i think the 92-93 bumper lights are clear like the 92-93 usdm ones–but i could be wrong)
-front and rear seats (front should be basically the same–except the extra seat adjustments will be for your passenger. rear seats have headrests)------I know where you can get these seats for cheap.
-jdm gauge cluster (speedo will be in km/h and tach will be suited for the b16a engine instead of your b18a1)
-jdm xsi sticker
-steering wheel insert that reads “integra” instead of “acura”
-front and rear “H” emblems
-rear “honda” emblem (I think these exist)
-front bumper support (from what i hear its lighter than the usdm one)
-change your automatic seatbelts to manual ones (i’m really not sure how practical this is, it might be easy, but it might be very hard)
-road flare

I’m sure there are some other things as well, but i can’t think of any more right now, and i’m sure there are many i’m not even aware of.

Question about the folding mirrors, couldn’t you switch the glass part out for a USDM and get the correct magnification? Would non powered mirror be able to swap with the powered folding mirror?

Soundslike your speedocable is either broken or not connected. If your speedo is not working you should be getting a C.E.L. or code 17 VSS. If your cable is indeed broken the cable itself along with the sheath from acura is 25-30 dollars. Just remove and replace it, or pay someone to do it for you.

Originally posted by vtec-typer
Question about the folding mirrors, couldn’t you switch the glass part out for a USDM and get the correct magnification? Would non powered mirror be able to swap with the powered folding mirror?

i’ve heard that yes you can swap the glass. i’m just not sure how easy it is. I tried taking apart a spare side mirror that i had laying around and it wasn’t coming out… but then again i didn’t try very hard and i didn’t have any instructions either.

yes, you can put power mirrors into a non power mirror car. I’m just not sure how easy it would be. all the wires for the mirrors are run in the loom with everything else, and i assume all these wires would be missing on the non power cars. However you could look at the wiring diagrams and wire it yourself, you’d just need to make sure you had the switch and correct relay(s).

Sorry, this was hard to explain, would that glass part of a non powered mirror be able to be placed into a folding mirror (so I could get the right magnification)? I know the non powered mirrors are easy to take apart, not sure about the powered (I wil check my helms). But then again, the JDM could be a whole different animal.

Re: Questions on the Gen 2 Integ

Originally posted by VSpec XSi
3>I wanna make my RS into a JSpec XSi, but there aren’t many specifications on it, can anyone tell me what differences is there between a japanese integra XSi/RSi and an american integra RS/LS/GS/GS-R

I know someone that’s selling a front clip to convert your car to right hand drive. No engine or exterior body parts though. Plus you’ll have to cut your car in half and weld it on, which can get dangerous.