Quiet I/H/E setup?

x2.

Yeah I know some people are surprised but its a bomb set up. Did I mention I got 22" resonator also? I had a toda, buddy club, and megan header on the car before. It didnt make a difference in noise level. It was all the size of the muffler. The bigger the better. I got a ek hatch with D16Y8. It has a DC 4-2-1 header, magnaflow cat, 2.25" pipping, 22" resonator. I could only fit the small 14" muffler cause of the space on a hatch. But my teg with high compression and big cams is way quiter

im just saying . . . every hytech i’ve ever heard, exhaust aside, including my own, is loud.

My brothers hytech/no cat setup is crazy-loud compared to my ITR rep header/high-flow cat & RS*R system.

I had the tanabe medallion touring ehaust system on the car at first. I put bigger cams in so I tried different headers to get more flow. The different headers made no change in sound levels. Then I realized the 60mm tanabe pipping was holding back my cars performance. So I got a kteller 2.5" system with the biggest resonator I could get. The muffler shop that welded it up only had the small magnaflow at the time. Thats when it got really loud. I found an article from an import magazine talking bout a turbo build they were doing. They had a 3" system with the biggest magnaflow muffler they make on the car to keep it quit from cops. The article said the bigger your muffler the quiter you’ll be. Plus magnaflow have a straight through design to help performance. So I tried it. Put the biggest magnaflow I could stuff under my teg. I love it! But I was still having power issues. So I removed the cat. Now my torque stays through out the rpm range. It did get higher pitch raspy sounding but nothing major. Still with in normal car sound levels.

Nice. That’d be interesting to hear.

i know the best setup to keep it quiet. i have it on my car. its pricey, but you’ll be hard pressed to find a quieter exhaust for your integra.

https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Acura&model=INTEGRA&year=1993&version=3DR%20LS&transmission=KA5MT&system=PARTS&component=EXHAUST%20MANIFOLD%20(2)
$416.82

https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Acura&model=INTEGRA&year=1993&version=3DR%20LS&transmission=KA5MT&system=PARTS&component=EXHAUST%20SYSTEM
$1472.45

https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Acura&model=INTEGRA&year=1993&version=3DR%20LS&transmission=KA5MT&system=PARTS&component=AIR%20CLEANER
$477.09

If that’s the case what’s the point in modifying this car having this forum. though I see where you get the idea. It’s silly to ask for a quiet exhaust intake etc. Leave it stock if you don’t want to make compromises on your car.

I have a complete USDM DC2 ITR exhaust on my 1990 LS, manifold to muffler. It was easy, it makes great power over stock, and it’s super quiet. Most things just bolted right up, but I had to have hangers welded on at an exhaust shop for $40. You can get the cat back with muffler from hmotorsonline. Get a Blox test pipe and header of your choice and you should be good to go. I’m going to putting a JDM ITR header on the 90’ soon, I’ll let you know if that makes it louder. Good luck.

I would stick to a JDM or similar Header and stock style muffler. In between, you could go 2.5 or whatever with a resonator. Should allow the motor to breathe but also be super quiet. IMO the header has a lot to do with the loudness and a stock style muffler and resonator will dampen the sound a lot.

BuKs8n, Is your USDM DC2 ITR muffler in the stock location?

Has any one taken a ITR muffler and had a muffler shop hack it up and weld up new pipes and hangers to it so that the muffler stays in the stock position?

I have a 92 GSR. 92-93 GSR OEM mufflers are discontinued by Acura.

My current exhaust set-up is very much what I would call “sleeper”. 2.25 tubing (no cat btw), into a magnaflow glass-pack, into a Dynomax super turbo muffler. The shop that put it together does great work, the welds are perfect and they took their time with the bends so it’s not a case of having a lot of major bottlenecks, the restriction is minimum. Idle- almost dead quiet, slightly increase bass-tones but barely audible. Low rpm- (city driving), still quiet, and has a really nice tone. WOT- this is the only time it will make much noise, only very slight rasp, which again not very loud. I didn’t bother with a mondo-sized tip, it’s just stock piping off the muffler. Think I have just under $200 invested, I couldn’t be happier…