Quiet I/H/E setup?

I’m going to restore a 92 that’s been in the family since we got it new and it’s going to be a $10k project. It’s going to be a clean, classy, sleeper setup. I have a CAI and Tsudo ebay catback exhaust on it right now. It’s relatively okay in loudness but I want a quieter setup, but with the addition of a header and possibly high flow cat. Is this asking too much or is it possible? If so, with what brand I/H/E? This obviously knocks out rasp and fart cans.

Any suggestions?

bseries + header = rasp… Maybe one of the JDM B18 4-2-1 headers would be a good choice? I have stock header, high flow cat (basically a 12" resonator" and a 18" Vibrant resonator and a black stealth Vibrant high flow muffler with 2.25" piping and if I rev high its raspy…

HKS with a test pipe sounds boss

mm this seems like it’s going to take a while to find the answer. ebay intake n exhaust that it has on now has no rasp but you do hear the exhaust when you get on it. have you heard of anyone putting on headers and/or stock cat or high flow cat without any rasp or big noise? from the looks of it, seems like i might have to go with a short ram intake, stock header and cat, and quieter exhaust

i want a classy sleeper. no fart cans or rasp. thanks for the input though

I’ve got an aem intake, dc sports 4-1 header and an rsr exmag exhaust. it’s the quietest integra ive ever heard

that’s great. do you have a video or audio clip of your car? and how does the car feel on the butt dyno compared to stock?

I have a Iceman cold air intake, Greedy 4-2-1, high flow cat and HKS hipower cat back and it sounds great and not raspy at any RPM.

those where excellent suggestions. My cousin k hatch with bolt ons has a vibrant muffler 2.5 exhaust, it sounds great not stock like silent but it has a nice low noise tone to it. theres plenty of youtube videos about this subject. alot more easier to make decision on parts than it was 10 yrs ago.

Having owned my Integra for quite a few years, I have experimented quite a bit with different setups.

HKS Sport Exhaust, DC 4-2-1 header, OBX resonated test pipe - Loved this setup. HKS Sport is no longer made and I was absolutely bummed when I hit a big rock coming around a corner and it dented the muffler section badly. So sadly I sold it.

Greddy SP1 Exhaust, JDM DC 4-1 header, OBX Resonated test pipe (modified for a 2.5" collector) - This setup was also very nice. The resonator rusted out on the mild steel piping and it formed a bunch of exhaust leaks. So I sold this one.

Thermal R&D exhaust, JUN 4-2-1 Header, OBX Resonated test pipe (still modified for a 2.5" Collector) - I hated every minute of this setup. The header was nice, but the exhaust tone was very raspy… very teenage fart canish. I sold it quickly. Didn’t even own it a year.

RSR Exmag Exhaust, Toda 4-2-1 Header, OBX Resonated test pipe (still modified for a 2.5" Collector) - This is by far my favorite setup. Nice a quiet until you get on it. Then it’s a deep roar. No raspy crap. I am still running this setup today. Unfortunately for you, RSR also discontinued this exhaust. If you can find one, jump on it quickly. Best exhaust on the market for the G2.

[QUOTE=G2guru;2222941]Having owned my Integra for quite a few years, I have experimented quite a bit with different setups.

HKS Sport Exhaust, DC 4-2-1 header, OBX resonated test pipe - Loved this setup. HKS Sport is no longer made and I was absolutely bummed when I hit a big rock coming around a corner and it dented the muffler section badly. So sadly I sold it.

Greddy SP1 Exhaust, JDM DC 4-1 header, OBX Resonated test pipe (modified for a 2.5" collector) - This setup was also very nice. The resonator rusted out on the mild steel piping and it formed a bunch of exhaust leaks. So I sold this one.

Thermal R&D exhaust, JUN 4-2-1 Header, OBX Resonated test pipe (still modified for a 2.5" Collector) - I hated every minute of this setup. The header was nice, but the exhaust tone was very raspy… very teenage fart canish. I sold it quickly. Didn’t even own it a year.

RSR Exmag Exhaust, Toda 4-2-1 Header, OBX Resonated test pipe (still modified for a 2.5" Collector) - This is by far my favorite setup. Nice a quiet until you get on it. Then it’s a deep roar. No raspy crap. I am still running this setup today. Unfortunately for you, RSR also discontinued this exhaust. If you can find one, jump on it quickly. Best exhaust on the market for the G2.[/QUOTE]

awesome info. it seems that the RSR Exmag is a popular one. do you have any video/audio clips posted on youtube?
also why did you switch between 3 different headers?

[QUOTE=wdkwang;2223001]awesome info. it seems that the RSR Exmag is a popular one. do you have any video/audio clips posted on youtube?
also why did you switch between 3 different headers?[/QUOTE]

I can post some clips I guess. I got rid of the DC 4-1 because of lack of ground clearance. I got rid of the JUN 4-2-1 because I wanted the Toda Header. Still have the Toda header today.

Here’s a clip of mine…

3" intake, ITR intake manifold, 4-1 2.5" eBay header, high-flow 2.5" cat, full RS*R catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYN1WOvQpE&sns=em

[QUOTE=unified112;2223513]Here’s a clip of mine…

3" intake, ITR intake manifold, 4-1 2.5" eBay header, high-flow 2.5" cat, full RS*R catback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYN1WOvQpE&sns=em[/QUOTE]

thanks for the clip unified but i think u missed the part where i want a quiet bolton setup

Then go with stock. I think you missed the part where you asked for a clip of the RSR, he provided one and got a dickhead answer. Way to be man!

The RS*R is one of the most quiet, mellow exhausts you’re going to find. It really sounds a ton quieter in person.

Like G2guru said, its quiet until you get on it… And to hit two step, you have to go Wide Open Throttle, hence loud.

But, Deceptakhan does have a point :wink:

sorry bout my earlier reply. i just want to hear a clip of someone who has a quiet full bolton setup. the clip sounds very loud, but i’ll take your word for it. and thank you for posting it

If you truly want something quiet you really need to build it yourself, or get the parts and have a shop weld it up for you. The keys to a quiet system are a high quality, and lengthy resonator, and a muffler that isn’t straight through, i.e. chambered. You want something like a Moroso spiral flow resonator, not a glass pack style one. The muffler would be like the thrush “hush” muffler. The chambers and packing will quiet down the system a great deal, and the long resonator will even the tone. That’s actually exactly what I went with b/c I too wanted something quieter. It’s louder than stock (mostly due to my ridiculous hytech replica header), but it’s quieter than most of the off the shelf ones i’ve heard . . . unless you’re flooring it well into the powerband.

awesome thank you

I got a hytech header, no cat, 2.5" pipping. I put the longest resinator along with the biggest magnaflow straight through but off center muffler I could fit. I love it! My car is stock quite in normal driving. It does get a lil loud and raspy but only after vtec kicks in. I had a 14" magnaflow at first. It was loud as shit. So I stuffed a 18" or 20" I forget which one in there. The muffler dude was laffing as he welded it up cause off the tight fit. But I love magnaflow now.

you’re stock quiet in normal driving with a hytech header and no cat? :skep: