RC Bored ITR TB *pics*

Well, as promised here are the pictures of my ITR Throttle body when it was stock…

And here’s what it looks like after RC Engineering worked their magic…

I couldn’t be happier with their work. Now it’s time to go and get my intake manifold port matched and install it tonight. MWUHAHAHAHAHAH. I’m pretty excited. :smiley:

Crazy crazy cat.

Help me out here for a moment Dan. I want to eventually run a bored out TB but I don’t understand very much how this works. I know that if you bore out the TB you will also need a bigger “plate” (don’t know what hell the shiny thing is called :confused: ). Does RC Eng. provide you with a bigger “plate” or do they bore it out and modify the stock one?

Oh, and what’s diff. in size between stock and bored on your Type-R TB?

66mm :drool:

damn, that looks nice! couple questions. It looks tapered like the stock one… is that true? I’ve heard that some places just bore straight through and eleminate the taper. Also, how do they make the enlarge the butterfly? from the intake side it looks like a new piece of metal, but from the backside it looks like there is something gray all around the edge… just sorta wondering what that is.

RC Does still taper the TB. Tapering actually increases velocity of air as it enters the intake manifold. The front of the TB is opened up to 70mm. The rear of the TB where it meets the manifold is opened up to 66mm (4mm larger than stock). You can’t open up the rear of the TB much more. Inline 4 in So Cal. opens up the rear a bit more, but it looks pretty sketchy…

RC Engineering removes all sensors and the stock butterfly plate/throttle from the throttle body. Then they bore the TB to spec. They have larger butterfly plates on hand and use those. If you look closely from the front side, you can see “RC” stamped on the butterfly plate. Then they assemble everything back together, calibrate the TPS, and put a butterfly plate sealing aid around the back edge of the TB where it meets the plate. That’s that gray stuff you see there. All in all with new gaskets, shipping, and boring the intake manifold, this is costing me $300. And soon I’ll tell you how much it was worth it :D.

yeah Dan… looks sweet! i bet it performs pretty much like my Erick’s but at a cheaper price tag. … so when are you finally going to hit up that dyno? :smiley:

Looks good Dan.

Looks good Dan. Do you by chance have a pic of your intake manifold plenum opening after enlargement?

Thanks in advance.

:drool:

looks like they opened it up quite a bit. rc does excellent work and are great people to work with. :up:

Wasup Dan - pics do justice - can’t wait to hear the reviews!

BTW - 66mm is how long what???

Lookin good as usual, Dan.

Dan…:whore: hehehe

Looks good Dan,
The only thing I see I don’t like is they did not taper or widen the flat portion of the throttle plate shaft which creates turbulence. Here is a picture of what I did with mine. Sorry about the dumb picture size don’t have access to my server from home.

I told the formula SAE team at my school to do the same thing with their throttle body, and also knife edge the throttle plate, but they said it would make THAT big of a difference. I left because I like to pay attention to detail, and they apparently don’t. Nice job, Marc. :up:

they did at least use counter-sunk screws to re-attach the plate to the shaft though. i’d be curious to find out how much flow is disturbed my that lip…

That is looking really good Dan. That would be a cool little experiment to dyno with that and then dyno with the Ericks TB and see what the difference is.

ARCHIVETHIS

Later,
BR

Lookin’ sweet my man! The never ending quest continues…

Originally posted by B R
[B]That is looking really good Dan. That would be a cool little experiment to dyno with that and then dyno with the Ericks TB and see what the difference is.

ARCHIVETHIS

Later,
BR [/B]

yeah… we should get a group of guys together to dyno tune one of these days… and try and hook up some group discount or something… :clap: