rear defrost problem

I have a 92 teg gs and my rear defrost doesn’t work. I press the defrost button and I hear no clicking sound and the light doesn’t light up. The fuse seems to be o.k. so I tried to change the fuse with a new one with the same amp (7.5) but the car didn’t want to start. So, I put the other fuse back in and the car started. THIS IS WEIRD!!!. Has this ever happened to anyone else and how can I fix my rear defrost before the winter months.
Thanks

Have you re-wired your fogs?

no
I bought the car 2 months ago. Do you mean the stock fogs because I haven’t put any fog lights.

yes I do. I can tell you that it’s not supposed to click (the switch) but it is supposed to light up. Take the switch out w/ a flat head screwdriver (use the top and bottom to pry it out) and check that the red/yellow wire is connected correctly…

Do you have tinted windows? Have they been tinted and then the tint removed? Mine is like that and the metal was pulled up in a few places. Therefore it now worky.

no tint
doesn’t look like it has been

ICU mabye?

since I have this problem, is there a chance that one day while driving the power nay shut off.

I have the same year, trim and problem. If i figure how to get mine fixed i will let you know.

Take the switch out w/ a flat head screwdriver (use the top and bottom to pry it out) and check that the red/yellow wire is connected correctly…

i just tried that and i didnt find a red/yellow wire. i just pulled off the switch and that white thing behind it and i didnt see the wires. is there more i need to remove?

all the switches (defroster/fog/sunroof/etc.) are about 3 inches into the dash… Pull em out and you’ll see wires behind them

Hello! this complex question. Here it is necessary to think … [TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 64”]paycomonline com[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Everything will turn out, you just need to believe, all the luck!