Rear engine mount and putting motor back into car

I am having a lot of trouble getting my new motor into my car. Is it possible to take off the rear motor mount bracket then put it back on after the other three mounts are in and bolted? Will I have enough space to get the bracket back in?

Dan, if you happen to see this, could I give you a call? I have a few questions.

Dan, went over this awhile back: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10608&highlight=rear+mount+bracket

This is how i put my engine in and it went well. The only other thing i had to do was use a jack to get the side tranny mount into place. When you drop the motor in it will be at an angle (tranny side will hang lower). You have to drop the tranny side down past where it mounts to the car. Then use a jack under the tranny to push the tranny up to where it bolts to the car. This will help level the motor and get everything to fit well.

Oh, a couple other tips… it helps if the car is level (front and rear of car on jack stands, not just the front). And i recommend taping a couple rags over the crank pulley. When putting the motor in its really easy to scrape up the paint on the frame rail by the pulley…so cover it up to ensure you don’t get any scratches.

Thanks for the help and the link. I got the motor bolted in last night so that is a huge relief. I had done a search yesterday and came back with 43 pages of posts. I must have missed it as I went through them.

Originally posted by Blackteg
Thanks for the help and the link. I got the motor bolted in last night so that is a huge relief. I had done a search yesterday and came back with 43 pages of posts. I must have missed it as I went through them.

yeah, its hard to look for stuff like that. Only reason i can find it so fast is cause i know who posted it. Searching if you know the name of the poster helps tremendously! Too bad its not much help if you’re looking for posts you’ve never seen before, lol. Good luck w/ wrapping up your swap!