Recognition of the effort in keeping / maintaining these cars despite the difficulty

I’m driving the teg to work on Wednesday and for some reason there was a super long line at the security gate. I’m trudging along, inching forward, as the guards are checking everyone’s badges. It’s my turn finally and I pull up. The guard yells out, “FINALLY, A COOL CAR!”

Dude seriously made my day.

Yesterday I took the teg to a shop to get an alignment. The mechanics and front staff were all commenting about my car saying stuff like: "These 90’s cars were the best man. Interior is clean – they don’t make cars that last anymore. I miss my Honda . . . " etc. etc.

Keep up the good work – all you guys who are still around! It’s not just YOU that appreciate the effort.

12 Likes

So true, Neil! When people see pics of my car, they say “ that’s a clean DA!” And that comment came from a Honda tech that works at the dealership. That’s why I’m looking forward to getting her back on the road, gonna re-do the clear coat on my Fat Fives, new tires, then remove the gum build up on the valves, and give her all new fluids. It’s true, they don’t make them like they use to, but even harder to find replacement parts for a 30 yr old car.

1 Like

I’ve been buying random parts off rockauto - stuff that I think they’ll eventually discontinue.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been keeping an eye out for anyone parting out their DA privately or at local salvage yards. I think I have enuff H4H headlight bulbs for my 1 Pc but now I’m seriously thinking about installing LED bulbs in them, which means it’s time to take out my dremel to modify a LED H4 bulb to make them fit.

Hah, I’m in the same boat. I also have a couple pairs of halogen H4H. I’m worried about damaging the one pieces though to figure out the LED.

I don’t think a modded LED H4 bulb will damage the 1pc headlites if you’re using a LED with a built-in fan. I’m more concerned about the alignment and beam pattern of the bulb since the H4 is dual filament with the reflector shields. But that’s one of the last things on my To Do List.

I gotcha. I’ll make some measurement comparisons and post a new thread in the Electrical forum.

1 Like

It is pretty cool being tagged down by random people wanting to comment on these cars and ask about it. You have something for yourself that you enjoy, that really may be worth much at all, but the sentimental value is always growing.

I can’t speak for anyone else here, but I started saving up for my DA when I was 14, when it was the legal age to get a job. I worked every weekend, holiday and ALL school breaks at $3.25/hr when I was in high school, then worked on campus during my college year,s and after I worked 6 mos on my first REAL job after college, I walked into the Acura dealership on 1/29/93, saw my car with 3 miles on the odometer, paid for my Teg with the money I earned by myself and drove out with the Title in my hand. People ask me why I don’t sell my old car… it’s more than just a sentimental value. It represents what hard work & determination means, and that’s what I’m trying to teach my kids. Kids these days have a feeling of entitlement or expectation from their parents. They don’t know what hard work means these days. OK, I will get down from my soapbox now! :grimacing:

3 Likes

My integra is my first car also. Although I haven’t been driving as long or owned it as long as you have haha. But I think that’s pretty awesome that you bought yours new and still have it. You earned your soap box, don’t worry​:wink::wink:

1 Like

I have a LED I removed the plate from and took from a Nokya H4H with the fan. It works way better than the halogen or HID. I worked to make sure the depth of the LeD was close as possible to the stock filament. It still scatters some, but I can clock the bulb and that helps out big time. Been running them around a year and I basically daily my car without issue. I just can’t use the rubber seals on the back due the fan.

4 Likes