Refinishing 1 Pieces -> Can't find those products in Canada... what are substitutes?

I can’t find any of those Meguirs Plastic Cleaner/Polish at Canadain Tire… nor the Turtle Wax stuff…

Am I looking at the wrong store? Where else in Toronto can I find this stuff?

Also, are there any substitutes for these products that work just as good? Or do the same thing?

Thank you very much!

I never even used that stuff…just fond the lightest polishing compound i could and mine turned out great.

I’m pretty sure you could refinish them simply by using a medium compound and a polishing compound after… That’s what I did to my USDM fogs and they turned out great!

Try Walmart Alex

yea me too i couldent find em then i tried walmart and they ordered it from there us stores for me was pretty cheep 2!

Originally posted by twin54
yea me too i couldent find em then i tried walmart and they ordered it from there us stores for me was pretty cheep 2!

How much did it end up costing for

• the green turtle wax
  • the red turtle wax
  • meguiar’s plastic cleaner
  • meguiar’s plastic polish

Thanks!

I think I’ll just regular compounds cuz we have so many at the body shop I work at… that’ll save me money :smiley:

3m plastic polish/cleaner. about the same price as meguiars

i’ve tried refinishing my headlights, but my left one (like the right side or left side matters), but my left headlight is like foggy, I can wipe off the “fog” and it’s clear and shiny, but then the “fog” returns again.

is this the clearcoat or what is that thats on my lights, and what could i do to get rid of it permanently? i’ve tried polishing/rubbing compounds, i haven’t found any plastic cleaners though, what else??

Originally posted by fLaPjAk
[B]

How much did it end up costing for

• the green turtle wax
  • the red turtle wax
  • meguiar’s plastic cleaner
  • meguiar’s plastic polish

Thanks!

I think I’ll just regular compounds cuz we have so many at the body shop I work at… that’ll save me money :smiley: [/B]

Flap,

When I did mine, I used 2 turtle wax products (as per G2Guru). And 2 Meguiar plastic products. When I get home, I’ll find out what it is. All were bought at my local Crappy Tire when I used to live in TO. I think it came out to less than $40 for all products. The results were outright phenomenal, but I also believe in how you sand down the lens. Stay tuned, man.

Regards,

Oz

Update: I renewed one headlight today at work. WOW.

Alls I did was wetsand with 1000 for about a minute. Then I wetsanded 2000 for another minute or so.

Then the painter buffed it up with Farclae G6 Rubbing Compound for about 2 minutes. All in all, 5 minutes of work, and AMAZING results!!!

Thank you all for the help!!!

ARCHIVETHIS mutha!