Removing headliner and moldings around it

Well I need to know if any of you can tell me how to remove my headliner and the other trim parts abo the dash that go around the doors and all Im taking them out to have them sprayed but I’m not quite sure on how to remove them. I looked in my haynes manual but there is nothing on it in there. so if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

The plastic trim parts you just rip out. The headliner you just gotta go slow. Unscrew the following from your roof: dome light, passenger lights, rear view mirror, oh **** handles, visor clips. There might be more, but it’s really easy. You’ll see as you go along.

Ok cool, yeah lastnight I took a go at it and saw how the plastic trim parts just pop out but what I also noticed is a lot of them go down into the lower panels behind them so do I need to pop the lower panels and all too or will they just pop out from in there?

The plastic panels I was just able to rip out. They’re just held in by weak clips.

Uh, they go back in after you “rip them out”, right?:slight_smile:

Is this the same for the RS (no dome light)?

Originally posted by vtec-typer
Is this the same for the RS (no dome light)?

I’d imagine so.

Yeah it should be, I have 91 RS and it has a domelight so I dont know what you mean by no domelight but if you dont have one it should be easier. Im gonna probably take it all out on monday.

oops, I meant no map light. I am trying to install one, and would like to remove the headliner so I can easily figure out a good way to do this. If I am lucky there might be the factory holes behind the headliner. DId you notice anything like that?

I’m trying to take my headliner down right now and i’ve got all clips off and panels loose, but the headliner still does not want to move. Am i missing anything or should i just pull real hard???

Originally posted by :::RepTile
I’m trying to take my headliner down right now and i’ve got all clips off and panels loose, but the headliner still does not want to move. Am i missing anything or should i just pull real hard???

If all the stuff is off the roof, it should just fall. Map light, dome light, rear view mirror, oh **** handles. Also, near the back of the headliner there is a little curcular knob that you have to turn to release the headliner. Go back and check over your work, it has to be hung up on something.