Removing part of door trim -- help!!

Since some bastard wannabe thief keeps trying to pop out my drivers’ side window and in the process bending the black metal trim piece, I am going to try to get a new trim piece from a junkyard. However, I have no clue how to remove it.

The piece that I am talking about is about one inch in height and runs from in front of the side mirror, along the window-lines, and to the part of the car where the small rear/side mirror stops. However, it is on the the front portion I need to replace, and if you look closely at the black metal piece Im talking about, it has a seam right where the front window ends and the rear window starts. I need to remove the front portion, as it has a few NASTY looking kinks and bends in it from this mother fukker with a thing for messing with my car.

Any idea how to get this trim piece off?

And yes, I’m talking to my landlord about better/more cameras in the garage, and yes, I have an alarm, but nobody can hear it because the car is in the sub-basement parking garage. :bawl: Needless to say, I’m parking outside right below some balconies tonight. :uhoh:

Thanks for any help
~Eric

Pull out the rubber window seal. To remove the seal squeeze the base of the seal and pull it out of the silver tracks.Behind the seal there are about 30 phillips head screws that hold the trim to the body of the car. Make sure to use some silicone on the back of the trim before you reinstall it or you will have water leaks inside the car.

Thanks a million!!

~Eric

Jealous Ones Still Envy

yo i had the same **** happen to mine, ****ed up both sides of trim dents in the roof form the pry bar and in the end they ended up smashin my rear passanger quarter window…
jacked all my stereo even my damn yankees hat!!!
did u get a price on that trim???
ne luck with the install???

haven’t looked into it yet… waiting until I have a free moment (school starting up again, moving to the apartment across the hall, etc…). Just wanted to get an idea how easy/hard it was to do.

~Eric

The trim panels cost over $130.00 each from Acura. I had the same thing happen to me, some jack ass used a screwdriver to pry out and break the drivers window and dented the trim up pretty bad. I pulled the trim and used a screwdriver to push out the dent from the inside. It looked good enough to give me some time to save up the cash to buy a new one.

I’m gonna try getting one from a scrapped Acura, which hopefully won’t be too hard to find here in Ottawa, and then if I can, swap it into my car. If I cannot find one, well, I’ll do like you and "un"dent it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.

Oh, btw, do I simply pull the rubber window seal stuff out (the harder rubber that’s outside of the window, not inside), and then the screws should be right there? Thanks.

~Eric