Removing Pinstripes

This is probably very easy but are there a few things that I SHOULDNT do? Some tips would be nice, I don’t really want to mess my car up. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

check out this link, it might help

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14871&highlight=pinstripe+removal

well…i’ve done this before, but on a car that we didnt care about. we used Lighter Fluid. it works really well and the paint was fine. but it was kinda a pain in the ass. here are the hints i can provide:
1.) 3M makes a rubber wheel for removing pinstripes from cars: 3M rubber wheel. you can probably pick that up from your local sherwin williams automotive paint store.
2.) if u dont wanna use that, get a heat gun (a hair dryer will work, but isnt as powerful) and just hold it next to the pinstripe to get the glue hot and peel it off.

the rubber wheel from 3M is the professional way to do it, you can then buff in and make it look like it was never there. i know of a 93 accord came out perfect after like 10 yrs of having the pinstripe on it, they used the 3M strip wheel and a variable spd buffer from dewalt. No problem. the buffer was because the paint under the pinstripe isnt faded at all. so if the car is blue or somethin, you’ll need to do that. my cars black, and i dont think i’ll need to buff it out. good luck, and definately let me know what u did and how it worked out.

not that anyone cares but, my car is black with a black pinstripe and black under the pinstripe. maybe it has been painted b4 i bought it?

my last DA’s pinstripe was painted. looked like shit.