Replace Radiator Fan Motor

After testing the radiator fan motor, I’ve determined it is shot. I can get a used replacement for about $35 and want to replace it soon.

Can someone tell me if it is at all possible to replace the radiator fan motor without taking off any hoses to the radiator? If so, how? Do you come at it from underneath the car? Is it possible to replace the fan motor without taking out the fan shroud?

I’ve looked in the Helm’s manual, but it doesn’t seem to address this.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Replace Radiator Fan Motor

Originally posted by darton33
[B]After testing the radiator fan motor, I’ve determined it is shot. I can get a used replacement for about $35 and want to replace it soon.

Can someone tell me if it is at all possible to replace the radiator fan motor without taking off any hoses to the radiator? If so, how? Do you come at it from underneath the car? Is it possible to replace the fan motor without taking out the fan shroud?

I’ve looked in the Helm’s manual, but it doesn’t seem to address this.

Thanks everyone! [/B]

i think you need to remove the upper radiator hose. dont worry, just place a drain bucket under the lower left of the radiator, there is a nut that you can open by hand (side mount on passenger side) that will drain out the fluid. you only need to drain like a quart or so and it wont spill out the upper hose. refill when done, and make sure to bleed the system by loosening the bleeder bolt (check manual).

all in all its very easy dont worry about it. hardest part is just wiggling the damn thing out past the a/c lines which you can just unbolt and bend out of the way. remember how that a/c bracket goes back on as its kinda tricky at first (top middle of radiator).