Replacing rear trailing arm bushing...

Anyone found an easier way to do this besides burning out the old bushing or taking the whole arm off and taking it to a shop to have it pressed out?

I know they have a tool to manually press it out while the arm is attached to the car but to my knowledge, it’s only good for the 94+ Integras since our bushings is a tad bit bigger than the 94+ Integras.

Anyone found other tools or DIY contraptions that you can use to change it while the arm in still on the car?

I’m thinking of getting a pipe the same size as the bushing ring and then use a hammer to pound it out… anyone tried that? If so, is it hard to pound it out like that? Thoughts? Suggestions?

In for info

I just used a hammer and gave it a good steady whack. The bushings should come out w/o much of a problem at all. It’s getting them in which can be the harder part (I used a ghetto rigged bottle jack press for that part).

x2 what colin said. getting them out is easy. its getting them in that can be tricky with the arm still on the car. at my garage i have a balljoint installer tool and i use that. i apparently use that for a lot of bushings actually haha now that i think about it.

The balljoint installer tool works? Didn’t know the attachments fit the trailing arm bushing OR did you ghetto rigged something with the tool? Do share…

well the tool we have is a big tool. its not the common small ones you buy for 20$ its like a huge C clamp with adapters. is that the one your thinking of? cause if so i use the plates that come with it with a 3/4" drive socket that fits nicely around the trailing arm bushing. so basically i ghetto rig it.

a trick i learned doing this job prior back in the bay area, was cutting out the original stuff, if it isnt out already… burn it, scrape it, take a hack saw & cut around the rubber & the metal belt type looking thing…

eventually when i had enough material out, i took a sawzaw or a hacksaw, and cut the belt of the bushing that is pressed in, i cut it across, almost fully through, but dont let it cut all the way, or else it may damage the surface of the trailing arm.

i used a pry bar/old strong flathead screw driver, and punched it with a hammer at the break/saw point, it eventually gave in, and took pressure off itself with some bending, and was fairly easy to remove.

good way if you dont have access to a press, and save some money if you dont wanna take it to a shop.

good luck, becareful, and be safe.

wear safety goggles, gloves, and of course i take no liability for your actions.