resetting ECU

I was telling one of my buddies that i installed the Greddy Header on my car, he said i should reset my ecu…

said that it will run better after making mods if you reset the ecu.

anyone know anything about this?

I think you should reset it for all engine modifications (well, at least the mods that would affect the performance). It’s not hard to do, and only takes 5 minutes (maybe less). Might as well.

whats the best proceedure to reset the ecu??

ttt

I think its in the teg tips but all I do is pull the ECU fuse out in the underhood fuse box located near the passenger side shocktower while the car is cold…leave it out for 5-10 minutes and them put it back in…then start the car w/o stepping on the gas, radio, AC or anything…and let it run until normal temp…DONE!HTH

Originally posted by asian buddha
I think its in the teg tips but all I do is pull the ECU fuse out in the underhood fuse box located near the passenger side shocktower while the car is cold…leave it out for 5-10 minutes and them put it back in…then start the car w/o stepping on the gas, radio, AC or anything…and let it run until normal temp…DONE!HTH

Exactly what asian buddha said, or you could just yank the negative cable off the battery terminal and let it sit for 5-10 mins exactly as a. buddha said…you’re choice. Just remember not to turn anything on when you start it after the 5-10 mins, no driving, no revving, no radio, NOTHING…:wink:

i appriciate the help.
i’ll do it tomorrow

I had a CEL when I unplugged my PA sensor on the way to taking out the heater blower. The Helm’s manual said to reset the ECU by unplugging the HAZARD fuse for 10 seconds (page 11-48). It worked fine and it doesn’t reset your clock or radio presets which it will if you unhook the battery.

Ben

what about the ECU fuse???
thats under the hood on the passenger side strut tower fuse block??