Rewiring Fogs

I tried to pry the fog light and the defroster buttons of with a screwdriver. But all I can pry off is just the actuall platic button. I can’t see the wires. I don’t want to pry the other piece out because I am scared I might break it. Is there a special way to slide that piece out to expose the wires or should I just keep prying with a srewdriver?
Thx

Try a butter knife… it’ll be able to slide behind the first piece of plastic (the button) easier. Or, if you can’t get it or don’t wnna risk scratching the panel, reach your arm behind the knee bolster under the dash and push the button out from behind. btw, it seemed that in my car, the Defroster button was EASIER to remove than the Fogs, so I removed the defroster one, then just reached my fingers through the hole to pop the Foglight switch out.

~Eric

Or you could take off the whole dash bezel. its really easy. just a few screws. Look in teg tips under installing white face gauges or something like that. HTH

Yup…take off the whole dash piece…it’s very easy. You can get at the switches much easier. That’s what I did. The rest is all gravy…:slight_smile:

First mod! - foglights :slight_smile:

Weeeee, I did it!

After god knows how long, I managed to break my damn coin holder (stupid (@*&$@)) and eventually dissassemble my dash so that I could rewire the fogs. :slight_smile:
Anybody dumping that little bugger?

A few pointers:

• the coin holder sucks, pry it out if you can. But don’t feel bad if you break it…
  • lowerdash comes out easier if you can reach under and push up the metal tabs. See the Helms manual for locations.
  • the upper control bezel/plastic comes off pretty easy after you get 7 screws out…the dumbest is the one hidden behind the “screwhole blocker” tab beside the vent control buttons. Use an exacto on this in the middle of the tab to lift the edge, and pop it out with a screwdriver
  • the switches actually come out pretty easy.
  • using wire taps from Fry’s saves you cutting into the black/yellow wire

And then I fixed (partially) my antenna :slight_smile:

Next week, powerdoor locks! :slight_smile:

Lovin this.

~edcura~

Or you could simply look near the fuse panel, find the wire going to the fog switch and plug it in a spare ‘12V when running’ connector!

That’s what I did, took like 5 minutes…

Originally posted by Answer
[B]Or you could simply look near the fuse panel, find the wire going to the fog switch and plug it in a spare ‘12V when running’ connector!

That’s what I did, took like 5 minutes… [/B]

i’m guiessing they’re not marked “12v when running” … what are you talking about? Which ones?

This one is the one I used:

HTH! :slight_smile:

:bowdown:

Originally posted by irresponsiblkid
:bowdown:

:slight_smile: :ok: :wink: :cool: :bow: :up: