RH corner light stays on even when lights are off.

when my car is started my rf corner light stays on even when lights are off.
could it be because my lf corner light is blown and i need to replace it??

i just noticed this 30 minutes ago while installing my headunit??

Are you talking about your front side markers, if so, they are controlled by the ICU, not the light switch.

They should both flash on when hazard switch is on.
They should both flash off when hazard switch is on and the park/head lights are on.
They should both come on when you turn on the park/head lights.
The left or right should flash on when using the turn signals.
The left or right should flash off when using the signal lights if the park/head lights are on.

Are you having any other problems that are controlled by the ICU?
Intermittent wipers.
Rear window defogger.
Warning chimes, [seat belt, lights still on, key still in ign.]
Drivers door dome light control

Try the other functions of the side marker to see if any of them work, other then it just staying on.:whisper: 94

i changed my lf corner light and they both stay on when key is on or car is running and no lights are on. are they supposed to be doing this??

and yes all of that stuff works

They are not supposed to be on if the park/head lights are not on, only flash on if the hazards or signal lights are turned on.:hmm: 94

Unless it is CDM, no? Aren’t daytime running lights required up there?

EDIT: Oh, NVM. You are from Canada yourself.

Yes DRLs are required up here, however it is the head lights, [high beam through resistors] that turn on when the ign. is turned to run and the hand brake is released.;)94

no its not a CDM and its not the clear part in the corner lights its the amber portion. the lights come on when the ignition is on and when car is started when lights are OFF

When does the left front “corner light” come on?
Does the left one blink when you signal left or if the hazard lights are on?:hmm:94

i replaced the lf corner light because the bulb was blown.

the two corner lights. the amber portion has bulbs in them. they stay on when ignition is on acc or when vehicle is running and the light switch is in the OFF position.

i just noticed this the other day.

What year is your G2?

I also asked if the left front, [now both] lights flash if you turn on the hazards or signal lights.
Are they the only lights that come on when you turn on the ign., no tail lights?

Do they come on when you turn on the park lights, with ign. off?:tapfing: 94

it is a 91. they work normally and all of my other things work. but my intermittent wiper function works when it feels like it.

they work normally
Normally is a relative term in this case.

You need to answer all my questions accurately for me to be able to help.

On one hand you say “and yes all of that stuff works” when I asked about your intermittent wipers and other things controlled by the ICU, and now you say “my intermediate wiper function works when it feels like it”.:roll:

An indication that the ICU is the problem is that there are other things that the ICU controls that are also not functioning properly.

Also I am trying to confirm that we are talking about the “Front Side Markers” so please answer the questions below…

1- Do they turn on when you turn on the park/head lights, with the ign. switch off?

2- Do they flash when you turn on the hazard lights, with ign. off?

3- Do they flash when you turn on the hazard lights, with the ign. switch on?

4- Do they flash when you turn on the hazards lights when the park/head lights are on?

5- Does the left or right one flash when you use the turn signals, [ign. switch must be on]?

6- Does the left or right one flash when you use the signal lights, when the park/head lights are on?

If the answer to two or more of the above is yes, then we are talking about the “Front Side Markers”, [pretty sure stock ones are amber on a G2] and they are supposed to do all of the above, but they are not supposed to come on when you start the car.
Also if the answer to two or more of the above is yes, then the problem is probably the ICU, along with the intermittent wipers not working properly it’s a good probability that it is the ICU.

A defective ICU is a very common problem with G2s, you will find all sorts of treads/post about it, even one or two on repairing it. All you got to do is SEARCH :bowthank: 94

k thanks. ill see tomorrow its extremely cold outside and i dont feel like going out there haha

Thank you fcm i didn’t know the ICU controlled so many things my intermittent wipers work sometimes some times they just go on low speed not intermittent, my rear defrost has its own schedule and now my chime is ringing randomly during drive and during park key out of ignition my front side markers stay on sometimes but now are still on. I had to disconnect the car battery. How can I learn more about the ICU and how to replace it? I have a Haynes manual but that it. I am so-so with electrical circuits and tracing wires. jamies.halstead@navy.mil any info is appreciated thank you.

The ICU is “plugged” into the back of the under dash fuse box… http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-acura-integra-OEM-indash-fuse-box-w-fuses-etc-/120828792284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AIntegra&hash=item1c21f50ddc&vxp=mtr gray box on the back is the ICU 94

G2 ICU.jpg