roll cage help ???

are any of you guys Jegster#550-949103K 8 point roll bar for 90-93 integra
http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/94…oductId=758645

the reason i ask it is so hard to find a person to do a cage, so if i order a weld in cage i can do it myself and save money. i cant find any pic of this kit for our cars on the net. i dont want to get a autopowers kit because i have heard and seen bad thing about it. as you all know i am building a da for track and auto cross but i still need to keep the car street legal to drive it to the track.

here are the spec of the jegster 8 pont cage
4 and 8 point roll cage bars manufactured from 1-3/4’’ x .134-wall mild steel tubing
10 and 12 point roll cages manufactured from 1-5/8’’ x .134-wall mild steel tubing
Includes 6’’ x 6’’ x 1/8’’ mounting plates
Some tube ends in some kits are notched while most tube ends are not notched for a better custom fit in your particular set-up. This ‘‘extra material’’ provides you some leeway for a great fit and easier installation.
8, 10, and 12 point roll cages exceed NHRA and IHRA standards
Some of the tubing used for braces may be 1-1/4" x .134-wall mild steel tubing
Complete, easy-to-follow installation instructions included
Welding required

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“src”:“http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/5508pointCage.jpg”}[/IMG2]

Hey Anthony. I would highly recommend finding someone to build your cage for you. Find the rulebook of the class you plan on running, give it to the builder, and let them decide the best plan of action with your inputs. Some things that comes to mind are clubs that require Nascar style bars on the driver door. If you put that cage in, then require the Nascar bars in the future, the builder will likely have to remove the old cage and build a custom one.

I’ll be having a cage made in the near future as well, but I’ve got a reputable builder in town. Good job on not got going bolt-in IMO. I’m coming from the mustang world, so this is a popular picture:

You can see the AutoPower sticking through the floor boards on that one.

Buy once, cry once. Do it right the first time.

mustang-flipped-over.jpg

That design/kit sucks. Have it done properly by a professional.

Yeah, I don’t like the look of that roll bar at all. What we’re talking about here is a roll bar NOT a roll cage - they are different! For casual track and autox use there likely are not going to be regulations on what you need and none of the real race series are going to allow a roll bar and will instead require a full cage.

Despite what Rob mentioned I would actually recommend using a bolt-in roll bar until you decide to get serious and get a real cage. Use the bolt in option for now then when you start doing real racing and know the rules you can have a custom cage built to spec. If you do a weld in now you’re going to need to cut it out later and replace it. I’m familiar with this problem though - the basic 4pt roll bars often don’t provide the protection you want on track but a real roll cage is very dangerous for street use. So you need to find where you’re comfortable with those different risks.

Some stuff to look into:

• Autopower
  • Kirk Racing
  • Roll Cage Components
  • Art Morrison (I hear these are really nice)

Thank for the Heads up also I would like to day that roll cage I found is not scca and nasa approved, I found somebody doing my research on rollbars and cages.

You’re going to want 1.50"x0.095 DOM tubing at the least (under 2500lbs), beefier tubing if you’re over. The SCCA GCR and NASA CCR have the specs.

Jim at RollCageComponents did a SCCA / NASA 6-point roll bar for my integra. His work is very good. I welded it in with a buddy who is excellent at welding. Jim has a website, and you can call him. He’s a very nice guy and can modify the design to meet your needs. He’s a wizard with tubes! He has good prices too.

Jim @ RCC
5208 Anderson Hwy, Powhatan, VA 23139
(804) 598-4200

[QUOTE=hufflepuff;2326258]You’re going to want 1.50"x0.095 DOM tubing at the least (under 2500lbs), beefier tubing if you’re over. The SCCA GCR and NASA CCR have the specs.

Jim at RollCageComponents did a SCCA / NASA 6-point roll bar for my integra. His work is very good. I welded it in with a buddy who is excellent at welding. Jim has a website, and you can call him. He’s a very nice guy and can modify the design to meet your needs. He’s a wizard with tubes! He has good prices too.

Jim @ RCC
5208 Anderson Hwy, Powhatan, VA 23139
(804) 598-4200[/QUOTE]

Got any pic

if doing it over, I might’ve taken the rear supports to the shock tower.

hey guys i found some thing over on honda tech , do u know where i cant find info on this car ???

[QUOTE=xtrac1;16939561]I got my car back from Steen Chassis. They made a NASA Honda Challenge legal cage, mounted the seat, mounted the pedals with a platform for my heels to rest on, mounted the window net and extended the steering shaft.

They do excellent work and on time. Thanks Gary and crew!!

STAY TUNED!

heres some pics

[/QUOTE]

Dunno, might try contacting the user on HT. Looks like he’s still pretty active. That cage looks pretty damn sharp, but the dimensions are playing tricks on my eyes. Something doesn’t look right to me, like if you sat in it you’d have to have 4 ft long legs, or if you moved the seat forward, the steering wheel would be through the chest.

Trick pedals though!

Edit. Looks like he was a member at one point. Just trolls HT.

[QUOTE=billabongrob;2327213]Dunno, might try contacting the user on HT. Looks like he’s still pretty active. That cage looks pretty damn sharp, but the dimensions are playing tricks on my eyes. Something doesn’t look right to me, like if you sat in it you’d have to have 4 ft long legs, or if you moved the seat forward, the steering wheel would be through the chest.

Trick pedals though!

Edit. Looks like he was a member at one point. Just trolls HT.[/QUOTE]

nice find i will try to get in touch with him

Nice lookin’ car :slight_smile: (well, other than the bright orange engine bay)

Eyes aren’t playing tricks on you - he moved the seating position WAY back. Which is a good move because it simultaneously provides better weight distribution and allows for more effective safety equipment with the driver sitting closer to the main hoop which should be stronger than the front down tubes for the cage. However, now that I look at it more closely it doesn’t look like there’s much headroom with the diagonal cross-brace. Could just be the pics though. But back to the seating position… not only did he move the seat back but the pedals and steering wheel have been moved back as well to accommodate the seat position. I’d love to do something like this to my car. With how short my legs are I have to sit really far forward to reach the pedals with my 5pt harness tightened down.

^ I don’t have any experience with that brand but just wanted to be sure that you were aware the item you posted is not a cage - it’s an add on. So you need that kit AND this kit: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rhc-13-4200 When combined you end up with a relatively complete cage.

Seems like a screaming deal to me IF you can weld or get welding cheap. If you are going to pay someone to weld it in place then I’d consider getting a quote for them to do a custom cage. It’ll be more expensive but it may be a LOT better. Fitment could be more custom and particularly you may be able to get better door bars and/or structural rigidity.

Ya I saw that after that posted, I am the type of guy who like to do my own stuff, it my racer car I put all my own r&d into it.

I have a full cage still in an Integra. For Sale. Cut into pieces and weld it back in. Scca cage