roll on bedliner in interior

i got a question for u guys…i wanna put bedliner on my floor from the front to back…i priced the spray in stuff and it was like 450.00 bucks to get someone to do it…im thinking about just buying the roll on stuff for like 75.00 bucks a gallon and just rolling it on to give me the texture and thickness i want…im trying to lessen the road noise and also give it a clean look…what i wanna know is what are the positives and negatives about doin this??..has anyone here done it before?

anything is greatly appreciated, thanx guys :rockon:

Ive never done this, but I think it would be better if you got some new carpet ($150 online) and put some insulation under it. Lots of it, if you want. Cheaper and nicer IMO.

yea im going with the carpet as well…just the bedliner underneath it…were the carpet stops is the bakseats…my trunk is completely gutted and im thinking maybe the bedliner in the trunk wont look that bad…idk…thanx for the input. do u know a website were i can get carpet for our cars?..im thinking about getting it from stockinteriors.com

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my car so I called the closest Rhino Linings and they gave me an estimate of like 250 for the interior but I also wanted my wheel wells sprayed too. Right now Im saving up for a paint job but before I can get that I have to fix the Honda cancer in my passenger rear quarter panel… I dont even want to know what thats gonna cost

yea body work aint cheap nor is paint…i just painted my car championship white…for the wheel wells i just bought the rattle can bedliner spray…its not textured but it went on pretty thick…and it looks alot cleaner … good luck

The roll on bedliner should be ok if you are willing to roll your sleeves up and get to work.

There are several options. 3M makes a rubberized undercoating that might be better for sound deadening, its what I used in my wheel wells. It comes in a spray can and is close in price to bedliner.

Lizard skin is a spray on sound proofing but can be pricy since you have to buy a special high flow gun to apply it.

raamaudio.com sells something that is similar to dynamat for a hell of a lot cheaper.

Somewhere on this site I recently read about a rubberized roofing material from a hardware store. Its worth searching for.

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with and the results.:corn:

all i can say is where a mask when if you roll it on i had a sidekick i bed lined the hole inside including the dash it looked good my jeep stunk for a while. it dosent work on the sound part u still hear as much of the road as you did befor. um i used the rustoleum stuff from advance auto cuz it was cheap for me cuz i work there but as i was going it my eyes and nose burned to if you do it your self do your self a favor and do it out did. if i has pictures of i would show you i lost them some there

thanx for all the info guys…yea ima def. wear a mask and do it outside with all doors open and trunk too…i just picked up a gallon of Rustoleum truck bed liner and an application kit from autozone…ima try it tommorrow after work…gota mask off a few pieces first…il keep yall posted on how it turns out…thanx again peeps…ive tried to upload a pic of it before but it keeps saying upload failed…idk…il try to post another pic when im done

i had my whole interior sprayed with rhino lining just check my thread

Can you send me the link to your page

my passenger aide cowl leak is bad . to the point that i just cut the carpet at the tub seams so theres no carpet on the floor pans and it covers all the lines wiring that run down the sides below the doors and below the rear bench seat cushion and center hump

went to advanced auto and was gonna buy 3m rattle can rubber coating but saw they had duplicolor brand for $5/can v. $12/can. so i ask the employee what he thought. and he said that for the interior floor pans the duplicolor stuff would do the job.

id suggest buying
1 can of self etching primer
and
1 can of filler primer as well if you prefer a more uniform smoother appearing floor pan.
then
2 cans of rattle can rubber liner as i went through 1 entire can and only covered about 75% of the entire floor pan and i didnt remove front seats either. .

i did a quick light duty surface prep of the floor by doing a decently thorough vacuuming of the floorpans then used a clean water dampened dust rag. gave the floors a quick wipe down to better clean the area.
then applied etching primer used about 75% of spray can shake it excessively well and apply it in very thin coats
then ollow after completey dry apply filler primer , then rubber cooating n let dry . looks good in my safari blue interior and quik glance youd think it jjust had black carpt