Rwd...

dont shame a g2 with american junk…

^^^ thats no nice:sad:, you gotta show respect to get it

+1, funniest shit I heard all day…

ya well i was thinking 240 parts… i got two 90 coupes i use for parts i was gonna do it in… i also have access to a 240 fastback with an sr20 in it that i could pick up for 500… my friend totaled it… my only problem is having the time to do it because i work about 50-60 hours a week… 1 reason i am doing this is because i am just an avid drift enthusiast as i am a strip/autox enthusiast… i actually do drift in my daily driver (ebrake ftw)… but i wanted to have a teg i could drift in (something amazingly different)… among other reasons haha… thanx guys.

By enthusiast do you mean you go in parking lots and under steer fwd cars into curbs or do you mean you actually go to tracks and do it?

dont shame a g2 with american junk…

are you serious? first of all, you live in the US. the sale of that “american Junk” affects you! second of all, the chassis should be honored that it’s getting “american junk”. after all, “american junk” was the first to be on these roads (and even japanese roads). it was also on “american junk” that kids started modifying and making their cars better. Hell, USDM is even more JDM than JDM is, lol.

American junk is American junk, no matter where you live or who started what.

See, that’s why I pointed out Steps 1 & 2. :giggle: If one really wanted RWD, then it would be one way to go. Corvettes and Cobra Mustangs shouldn’t be confused with Ford Tempos and Pontiac 6000’s. :wink:

epademiq76, if you have two 240’s already, and can get a third one, why not just make three into one? Or are they beyond repair?

If you really wanted to do a RWD Integra, the 240 parts may work. The rear track is similar, so I suppose it could be possible. But you’re looking at a similar amount of fab work as the Corvette-Civic and the mid-engine GSR. You’ll need to cut out the centre of the floor pan and weld in a tunnel, likely modify your firewall, fab up a rear subframe, and somehow have it all come out straight. Not easy. If you’re serious about it, just go crawl under one of your 240’s and take some measurements, then compare to your Integra. No offense, but I get the impression that this may be outside your abilities. Do you have a welder? Have you ever tackled anything of this nature?

I’m not going to go so far as to say it’s impossible, because I don’t think it is. I’ve seen similar things done in the hot rod and custom world. It’s not uncommon to see late-model front clips grafted to 50’s era cars and trucks, or even full frame swaps.

It takes a great deal of time, money, and skill for it to come out right though. If you’re working 50-60 hours a week, I guarantee you’ll have trouble finding the time to work on it. If you farm out the fabrication, then you’ll be looking at a huge expense. Good for you for thinking outside the box though. :up:

By enthusiast do you mean you go in parking lots and under steer fwd cars into curbs or do you mean you actually go to tracks and do it?

well there really isnt a track here for drifting anymore so we all usually go to the industrial park but no i dont understeer i actually get sideways…

epademiq76, if you have two 240’s already, and can get a third one, why not just make three into one? Or are they beyond repair?

If you really wanted to do a RWD Integra, the 240 parts may work. The rear track is similar, so I suppose it could be possible. But you’re looking at a similar amount of fab work as the Corvette-Civic and the mid-engine GSR. You’ll need to cut out the centre of the floor pan and weld in a tunnel, likely modify your firewall, fab up a rear subframe, and somehow have it all come out straight. Not easy. If you’re serious about it, just go crawl under one of your 240’s and take some measurements, then compare to your Integra. No offense, but I get the impression that this may be outside your abilities. Do you have a welder? Have you ever tackled anything of this nature?

when i said two parts cars i actually was talkin about g2 integra coupes… as far as the custom fabrication i have the people that can probably get it done but just wanted to get alternate inputs first… last custom fab i was involved in was my dads lifted '88 cherokee… we had to fabricate alot because we put a chevy big block in it with tunnel rams… that was a beast… just idling you would barely be able to hear what the person next to you was saying… thanks guys.

Ah, I see. So you DO have a spare Integra. :lol:

The only way you’re going to find out if this is going to work is to study the geometry of each car, take thorough measurements, and formulate a plan. I’d say this is uncharted territory and you probably won’t find the answers here.

Make us believers…

them pics are tite…

[QUOTE=GoGreen;1697789]Ah, I see. So you DO have a spare Integra. :lol:

The only way you’re going to find out if this is going to work is to study the geometry of each car, take thorough measurements, and formulate a plan. I’d say this is uncharted territory and you probably won’t find the answers here.

Make us believers…[/QUOTE]

two spares actually hahaha… parts cars only though.