S1 tranny in my Da

This is weird…the trans bolts up, but the halfshaft will not line up with the back side of the block…I dont know whats wrong…I thought that any b-series transmission will work…I need help…thanks
:argh:

Edit: I read the question wrong…

anyways there shouldn’t be a problem with this unless something is physically in the way preventing it from lining up. Check for debris?

as in the holes to bolt the intermediate shaft up do not line up with the threaded holes in the block? IIRC the intermediate shafts are not all identical.

are you using the LS half shaft or the b16 half shaft? i heard the splines are different but im not sure…you may want to search and look into this to get a sure answer…

Well, i found out that I need a b16 halfshaft to work (the b16 halfshaft is about 1/4 inch shorter) and since I cant find one, im selling it, and putting my old trans in…I really what it, but I dont have time to find a b16 halfshaft…but if some one wants it…make me a offer. If someone want to try it and know where they can get that halfshaft, be my guess.

I was using a LS halfshaft

how much are you selling it for?

I want like 600 for it…

il trade u my ls tranny lol

That’s weird, I don’t have the S1 but I do have a J1 that I am using an LS half shaft with. :shrug:

Wait, so you mated a B16 with an S1 tranny? And the shaft won’t line up? I’ve got a B16 against an S1 and everything fits fine. Or did you put the S1 against a B18? I’m confused cuz that shouldn’t cause problems either. :shrug:

becasue

im thinking that u don’t have the right cluth disc, or u didn’t use a clutch liner to line up your clutch. it happended before make research.

this is a upate…I took out the s1 and put in a y1 trans(ls) thinking that it was the trans…the halfshaft still will not go flat on the block…I used a 94 GSR halfshaft to see if that would fit and it did perfectly…I dont get it. Could the halfshafts that I have is from a automatic LS or does that make a diff… I dont know what to do…all I know is that the GSR halfshaft is about 1/4 inch shorter then the one that I have…I brought the car used…and the reason why I changed the trans becasue the trans blow up and when I was taking it apart the driver side of the trans looked streched out…so anyone with any help its much needed here. This is my first honda/acura car so I dont know much about them…

SO then just put the S1 back in you car, and use the GSR half-shaft. Problem solved… oh, and then sell the Y1 trans you have and go blow the money on something…it’ll make you feel better :up:

but the only thing about the gsr halfshaft, it has a two-sided male end…and our shaft has a inlet to the trans and then a female end for the axle…Steve at Evoution in Chantilly said that it may bend up because of the ends…