Sad junkyard find

x2…Is it just a lucky find kind of thing?

Can someone enlighten me on the hood liner/insulation? My original hood (90 LS) did not have one, and neither did the replacement hood from salvage. Was assuming that meant none from the factory, and also b/c the labels were on the metal. Now I see the cutouts for the labels in the pic above, and I am wondering if that was an option, or only on the later models?

Only integras with a b16/b17 had the hood insulator, so in north america only the GSR had it. In japan the XSI and RSI ( i think thats the trim level ) had them because they had b16’s

Honestly its a worthless part anyways, it doesn’t do anything, not even reduce noise.

My legend has one.

[QUOTE=Tippey764;2279971]Honestly its a worthless part anyways, it doesn’t do anything, not even reduce noise. …[/QUOTE]Thanks. I’ve seen them do a decent job on other cars, but I cant comment on this one. I know you can make one from insulation kits sold on ebay. Watched someone make one for his car from a kit, incl blocking it took less than an hour and turned out pretty well quality wise.

I want the block!

Its at the crazy rays at 2801 Hawkins Point Road, Baltimore, MD

I was just about to ask you which Crazy Rays this was in. but your last comment told me. It’s the one i always go to. It’s 5 minutes away from my moms house. I would get the block even though it’s basically a b16. Sad to see it, makes me miss my AGP DB2 I had even more.

R.i.p. Gs-r #1500

[QUOTE=joe84780;2279757]Wow. Hopefully the parts went to a good home.

I was at a pick-n-pull junkyard today and what a disapointment. (I haven’t been to one in years) Only two Gen 2’s in the whole place and they were picked clean. There were 2 guys working on a sedan and just ripping & destroying at something under what was left of the dash just to get to something they wanted. I walked all over and saw a bunch of 86-90 legend sedans and noticed that the yellow fog light capsules were all gone. All the fog lights on these legends were broken. It seems that whoever pulled the capsules just broke the lenses to get to them. I hate when people destroy parts just to get to what they want. It ruins it for everyone else. :([/QUOTE]

I certainly have to agree with that bc when you go to a yard all you find is broken shit that could have been put to use but to no avail bc of someone that can’t use their brains worth a shit had to ruin it for everybody else. Most people that go to these yards have no respect towards these cars that where once owned and running on the road whether it was their pride & joy or if it was their daily commute of transportation now tell me how sad is that?

Yeah I hate that, you know how many dash trim bezels I’ve seen just snapped in half? Saddens me, lol.

Please don’t go under that car to pull parts! Doesn’t look stable. I had a teg drop from its blocks while I was still in the car pulling parts in the interior.