Sad times

My favorite sandy hook conspiracy video was the one where the asshole with the stupid sounding southern drawl kept calling Newtown (new-town) “newton” (new-ton). There is not some vast left wing conspiracy to “git ur gunz”. There are instead reactionary (knee jerk) measures being put into place to attempt to stop violence based more on emotion than fact. I do think the race to “scoop” other news agencies lead to many incorrect reports and glaring omissions once the media settled on the “official” version of events. I do love all of the paranoia though especially all of the batshit crazy posts on facebook about “crisis actors” and the “illuminati” connection to a fraud trial.

You’re fucking retarded.

That “long gun” in the trunk sure looks like a Benelli shotgun to me. I try not to buy into any conspiracy theories, and haven’t seen any of the vides Junkman or the other retard referred to, but when the medical examiner stands in front of the press and says that all of the bullet wounds were caused by a “long gun” and NONE of the bullets exited any bodies, AND the press is going on and on and on about an AR-15 being used, I know that something sure smells fishy.

from a purely objective standpoint, at distances encountered in the typical classroom-size room, with victims in the elementary-school age range, i’m sorry, but if it was an AR-15 used, there would be serious exit wounds.

a NH-legal flat-top AR would look very similar to a lot of pistol-grip-equipped shotguns out there. i haven’t viewed the video jay posted simply because it’ll take two days to load on this connection.

I don’t particularaly agree with the video as a whole, but I will say it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Anyone who doesn’t think the gov would do dishonost things to pass laws or push agendas is kidding themselves.

I’m going to pick up a Beretta CX-4 9mm ASAP. And an AK whenever they’re reasonably priced again.

get a kit, barrel, and NDS receiver. then you have an excuse to come to MD and build it. :up:

i never owned a long gun before and i jumped right into the deep end. it never even crossed my mind to attempt purchasing a complete gun
going the 80% lower route…gonna make a std forged and bling billet setup.
my paperweights are going to take another 2-3 months. i hope itll be worth it.
i was actually able to get C Products and Okay mags for a reasonable price…magpul is practically out of business. had to buy a couple 10rdrs so i could jack their anti tilt followers.

i bought some federal 556 at 50cents a rnd - price fluctuates like stock. this is like metro2033, it’s hilarious.

so far ive got barrels (rip Jnoveske)
WMD BCG & CHandle
geissele FCG (i liked the fast reset and got it cheap at SHOT)
JP buffer/WMD tube
have a PSA complete upper as a backup plan

ready for the zombie apocalypes or SHTF whatever you wanna call it

Are you getting the jig and receiver from that vytamen c guy on cal guns? I was thinking about getting one but don’t think I’ll be in that deep.

On the Quentin defense group buy and i have a tactical machining paperweight

No jig. Gonna rent a real CNC machine to cut it. Its like 75, press a button and in 20 minutes its done.

calguns have “80% build parties” just like we have car meet ups. everyone who signs up putting theirs together, borrow tools, have fun etc.

But how does that work? You have the 80% lower as a paperweight, right? At that point you really only need to add a few more holes, no? Seems overkill to me but I’m probably not understanding what you’re trying to do. I’m pretty new to all of this myself. Haven’t even picked up my polymer receivers yet lol.

80% lower becomes legally a homemade fire arm (the forgings come from the same place that makes your retail lowers, except they didn’t finish it hence 80% and ATF has taken the position that it counts as a paperweight at this stage of machining) - (well there’s a line longer than 5 months to get even these now), no bg check, no FFL, no serial #, no registration, can make it into anything you want (ar pistol, carbine, airsoft, display model, etc)

So you buy a paperweight, CNC rental $75, $16 beadblast/anodize, $35 lower parts kit (panic price is 100+ now), $35-300 for a trigger and you got yourself a lower that is good as any that you can buy from a retail or better.

there are billet versions (ie. QD) and forged 7075 versions (ie. TM). you have option to serialize it and register it if desired (required if making a pistol). forged is stronger material, but looks standard. the billet ones have nicer lines and look very refined (material is weaker, but it’s tradeoff…they make polymer lowers so the strength cant be that detrimental)

Billet examples (notice it’s 1 piece - trigger guard, set screws instead of roll pins, refinement) also have perfectly matching upper

Forged examples

Ah a CNC would finish them off more accurately than a jig. Nice!

I saw a few videos of the dude from DEFCAD.org with the AR lower and magazine he printed on some antique 3d printer. Again I’m not a gun guy and this dude could be entirely full of shit for all I know, but the stuff looked pretty fucking impressive and 3d printers will just continue to get better as the technology advances.

Yea I was reading about one of those the other day. I guess the guy in the article printed a few lowers and assembled them. None of the lowers survived more than 10 shots. At least it shows that it can be done and that a change in materials might yield something more durable. Not sure if that’s a good thing, though.

The coolest idea i thot was the reprap 3d printer…basically it’s an open source DIY 3d printer with the idea of self replication (a printer that can print more printers). It can extrude all the plastic pieces to assemble clones of itself, all you need is the extrusion nozzle, circuit boards (basically an arduino robot board), relay controller board and stepper motors. Theyre trying to figure out a way so it can print its own circuits on pcb too. That would be cool if these went viral.

They can print magazines for the AR.

Good news, everyone!

Status Update
By Valley Guns II
Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: 1) We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here’s what we were told. Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages. RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days. FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out! Armalite: Maxed out. DPMS: Can’t get enough parts to produce any more product. COLT: Production runs increasing weekly…bottle necked by Bolt carrier’s. LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity…can’t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels. Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rnds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line. MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quanties of magpul anytime soon. RELOADERS!!!

ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra’s for reloading purposes…it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up. Sorry for the bleek news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted. To follow is our inventory update for 1/26/13. Please share this info with your shooting buddies. Shoot safe!

[QUOTE=JH4DB536;2285164]
you have option to serialize it and register it if desired (required if making a pistol).[/QUOTE]

Must be a California thing.

a lot of gay shit like that is a california thing.

this oughta make 'em jealous.

^that is too upscale for california… the gangsters out here usually run around with shit like knock off Mac10s & MP5s every now and again you see one of those chinese AK 47 knock offs that jam up all the time.

just give me a Winchester shotgun with a riot barrel & pistol grip and a “Get off my lawn!” sign and I’m good hahah

I mightve been wrong about the pistol registration in CA. I guess with the 80% route you can do anything you want and registration is voluntary. On another note my gf saw the hello kitty ar15 at my LGS and now she wants one lol. Gotta find some pretty pink magpul furniture to put on my ‘evil black gun’.