Say it with me: "FFFUUUUUCCCCCCC...."

Windshield cowl repair failed. Had to remove entire interior.

1 Like

That sucks

I have no idea why the water was so brown! I vacuum the car a bunch!

So the OEM-like replacement gasket/seal did not work right, and it turns out my cowl has become “warped”, so I had some large gaps that I wasn’t aware of.

I bought a new gasket type (you can see the comparison on these photos). I’m also going to use some butyl tape underneath because I’m missing the passenger side of the cowl. I also do not have the windshield side trim installed (but that hasn’t affected the water intrusion issue - it’s been off for a while).

Damn! That’s a lot of water. I found out my leak was from those little codom-like capsules beneath the snap-on clips for the cowl. I just filled it with silicone, and it solved my problem.

2 Likes

So I test-stuck some butyl on the windshield and it was a nice hold, but easily removed if needed. Here’s my slow progress attaching it to the beefier gasket.

Hope it keeps the rain from getting into the interior. I have given up. Mine doesn’t even see the rain anymore and i have removed the windshield wipers

1 Like

Sorry that happened, that sucks.

Finished adding the butyl. I’m going to wait for a warmer day and then install it. Will also install the side weatherstripping too. Pix coming soon. I have a good feeling about this.

I haven’t tried that amp yet. I did clean it out though. :confused:

Same dude. Even sourced a brand new cowl piece and replaced it, same issues. Now it’s garaged, no wipers, no wiper motor. Just a boatload of RainX just in case.

1 Like

I ended up making a metal cover for the blower motor and just completely blocked it off

1 Like