Seat heights - post your experiences

I recently picked up a clean DB1 that came with 99-00 civic Si seats “installed.” Before I picked it up, I was debating whether I should go back to DA seats, keep the Si seats, or go with option 3. After picking up the car and sitting in the seats… well, I can’t sit up straight in them without hitting my head on the roof. This is a problem I had getting seats in my CRX… the only things that fit without putting your head through the roof are other CRX seats, and to a lesser extent, del Sol seats.

So the Si seats are out. If I can’t find a clean set of DA seats, I’m thinking about DC seats. Can anyone tell me if they sit higher than stock? I’m not that tall, 6 foot, but I’ll need to have room for a helmet, so pretty much anything higher than stock won’t work.

If DC seats won’t work, does anyone have any options for some cheap OEM seats that I can fit in there that will leave me some head room? Besides del Sol seats, that is.

[QUOTE=steronz;1797789]I recently picked up a clean DB1 that came with 99-00 civic Si seats “installed.” Before I picked it up, I was debating whether I should go back to DA seats, keep the Si seats, or go with option 3. After picking up the car and sitting in the seats… well, I can’t sit up straight in them without hitting my head on the roof. This is a problem I had getting seats in my CRX… the only things that fit without putting your head through the roof are other CRX seats, and to a lesser extent, del Sol seats.

So the Si seats are out. If I can’t find a clean set of DA seats, I’m thinking about DC seats. Can anyone tell me if they sit higher than stock? I’m not that tall, 6 foot, but I’ll need to have room for a helmet, so pretty much anything higher than stock won’t work.

If DC seats won’t work, does anyone have any options for some cheap OEM seats that I can fit in there that will leave me some head room? Besides del Sol seats, that is.[/QUOTE]

i believe i read somewhere here that someone installed DC seats and said they do sit higher than stock DA ones. So… i think your best bet is to find some stock seats.

Great… I hate finding 15+ year old seats that aren’t thrashed. I’ve played that game before, I wasn’t looking forward to it.

Are all 90-93 2 door/4 door front seats interchangeable?

theres a thread somewhere saying how to put the DC seats on the DA pan and they fit just fine

I found some threads asking about it, but they just pointed to the del Sol writeup, which would be the same write-up as DC seats except the end result. If you can find a link to the write-up, that’d be great.

Also, “fits just fine” is different for some people than others… lots of people say EG/DC/EK seats “fit just fine” in CRXes, but they’re either really short or have low standards.

u can’t fit other eg/dc/ek seats into a da chassis w/o modding the rails… it will fit but only some bolt will match up… u can find some dc seats and do wat i did by modding the da rail onto the dc rail which will cause u to have the da seat height…

he asked for the ‘height’ of the seat…and from what i read DC seats, sit higher.

no duh… can u read?? i told him if he wants a nice seats get the dc seats and mod the da rails onto the dc seats cuz it won’t bolt all four bolts up… either that get some clean da seats… by modding the da rails to the dc seat will cause the height to be lower on the dc seats to be like the da stock seats…

next time :bigread: clearly then post…

and the the OP, if u want nice stock seats get the DC GS seats w/ lumbar support… hopes this helps…

I found some threads asking about it, but they just pointed to the del Sol writeup, which would be the same write-up as DC seats except the end result. If you can find a link to the write-up, that’d be great.

Also, “fits just fine” is different for some people than others… lots of people say EG/DC/EK seats “fit just fine” in CRXes, but they’re either really short or have low standards.

I understand what you mean, but yes it is the SAME concept as the Del Sol seat swap. I have done MANY MANY seat swaps in my old EF’s I owned (swapping pans and rails). When people said something couldn’t work. I proved them wrong when I did it and made it look stock.

I’m putting a set of DC GSR cloth seats in my DA right now, i actually came on here to search for experiences with people swapping them in.

First off as stated, the DC seat rails dont match up entirely and they sit higher than the DA seats do.

The problem with just swapping the rails over is that the DC seat rails mount different, they bolt in from the side whereas the DA rails bolt into the bottom.

Looks like the only thing you can do without making all new rails is drill out the rivets holding the lower seat rails and swap the DA lower seat rails onto the DC seats. Im gonna see if this is even feasible, if so i’ll post some pics and info on what i did.

yea your suppose to drill out the rivets on the da rail to be able to use onto the dc rails…

i have the leather interior in my da and i was wondering if there was anyway to get the seats to sit lower. i’m 6’ 9" and would LOVE some headroom and what ever leg room i can get too. i’ll seriously do anything even if it means taking out sliders and what not, i dont care if the seat is in a fixed spot i just want them lower. anyone?

as far as getting them lower you can buy a new bracket from buddy club they lower the seat about 2 1/2 inches i put them on my racing seats and they will work for your stock seats with minor modding . just a thought

excellent! i wasn’t sure if those would work. what does that modding include?

well on your stock rails you will have to drill oput the press rivets that hold the mounting tabs . then line it up with the new bracket and see how much you will have to drill out the stock rails to match the bolt holes on the top of the bracket then bolt everything together ( brackets to stock rails ) then mount in the car