Seat Swap, Legal Issues

I’m considering installing a pair of DC GS-R leather seats.

There’s lots of great “how-to” info on g2ic, but I haven’t been able to find anything about legal/insurance issues in the event of an injury collision. Insurance companies have a tendency to use whatever means available to escape liability. A friend of mine once swapped seats in a van and was later hit head-on (not his fault). The front passenger was ejected, seat and all, through the windshield. The resulting litigation and hassles with the insurer were a horror story.

[QUOTE=LilRed;2325242]I’m considering installing a pair of DC GS-R leather seats.

There’s lots of great “how-to” info on g2ic, but I haven’t been able to find anything about legal/insurance issues in the event of an injury collision. Insurance companies have a tendency to use whatever means available to escape liability. A friend of mine once swapped seats in a van and was later hit head-on (not his fault). The front passenger was ejected, seat and all, through the windshield. The resulting litigation and hassles with the insurer were a horror story.[/QUOTE]

installing the oem seats from a different trim level shouldnt have any legal issues… just install them correctly…