Shifter moves side-to-side

Have a manual 1991 GS, but lately I’ve noticed that when I have the car in any gear, I can move the shifter side-to-side much more than before (almost like it’s in neutral). It never slips out of gear or anything, but I have some problems throwing from 2nd to 3rd because it seems the shifter isn’t as “accurate” as before.

What is causing this, and how easy is it to fix? (Bushings?)

Any advice and product recommendation is welcomed, and if anyone has a step-by-step, I’d be very grateful!! Thanks!

~Eric

Some new stiff bushings should fix that :up:

Originally posted by notecLS
Some new stiff bushings should fix that :up:

Which kit (online site preferred, please give model number?), and how easy is it to install? Do I need to get under thecar, or can it be done by simply removing the shift knob and possibly center console?

Thanks!
~Eric

I have the same problem in my car… They have a $40 kit that you can buy at Acura, that comes with all the parts needed to fix it, although, im sure you can pick up a different kit for a lot less. I donno how you change it, i think you do have to get under the car, but im not sure. Anyway, i just left my shift knob. ive gotten use to the loose feel :slight_smile:
I’ve told myself i would fix it when i got a short shifter :smiley: