sick engine

My teg isnt running well, it backfires when i give it gas, idles rough, and is very slow to rev, generally lacking power… while it’s idling, i can pull the 2 plugwires for the center 2 cylinders and the idle dosent change at all, but if i pull either of the outer 2 plugwires the car dies immeadeately. I’ve replaced the coil, rotor and cap, and plugs, and plugwires. I took the sparkplugs in the center 2 cylinders out, and when i gave the car gas i could see white mist shooting out of the sparkplug holes so it looks like i am getting fuel. I tested for spark also and the plugs are making bright blue sparks.
someone please help :argh:

btw this is what one of the plugs looked like when i pulled it out to get replaced today

make sure you have the wires in the proper order on the distributor.

yes they are in the correct order…:roll:

i can pull the 2 plugwires for the center 2 cylinders and the idle dosent change at all, but if i pull either of the outer 2 plugwires the car dies immeadeately.

do a compression test… sounds like you have no compression and are running on two cylinders.

ttt

Sounds like either a vaccumn liine or the MAP sensor or the Vac line to the Map sensor. The map sensor (little square black box on the firewall) is about the only thing with enough stroke to make the car run so damn bad. Totally flakes the ECU out if the vaccumn isn’t right to this little thing.
Chris…

compression test read 150-160 psi for all 4 cylinders, anyone got any more ideas?

Use a mechanics stethascope and listen to the fuel injectors. They should all have a nice steady ticking sound that gets faster as you rev the engine higher. One faulty injector can cause a problem similar to this. Could be a bad connection at an injector. Sometime tapping on the injector can get it to working again.

Chris…

injectors are working
ttt

ever figure it out???

let us know—

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34616

:bow:

(sorry to break it to you) but to me personally it sounds like you lost two of your cylinders and your engine is bout to die on you.:shock: :sad: but the best thing to do would be to take it to an acura dealer and for sure they’ll tell whats wrong with it.