Skunk 2 Coilovers

Are Skunk 2 Coilovers ne good jus wonderin having a tough time deciding skunk2 or Ground Controls. Cuz Skunk2’s are not as expensive.

i have skunk2’s and i have no problems with them!! just that i lost the adjustment tool and its a biotch to adjust them with scredrivers!! i also hear that ground controls are good too!! i didnt know they were more expensive!! ha go figure i thought the skunk2’s were expensive!!:wink:

GC’s use eibach ERS springs and Skunk uses unknown springs. I would go with the GC’s personally. Ground Control is the innovator of coilovers (Junk2 just make decent copies).

Either ones are 1000x better than the cheap junk you see on e-bay though. I think it’s easier to order GC’s with custom spring rates too?

EDIT: I did some checking around and found that you can get GC’s for $289, and Skunk for $285 (you only save $4)

Steve

You could get the replacement adjusting tools at any reputable shops that carry skunk2 coilovers. I had them ordered for like $15.

I’m selling my skunk2 coilovers if you’re interested craig2teg. Give a price and we could work on it if your interested. It’s been on for my car for about a year.
contact me at: gnauq112@sbcglobal.net

I heard the best springs were either teins or skunk2’s, they have a great name for themselves…other than that its up to you, GC’s are good nontheless all depends on preference and what you wanna spend, goodluck.

that just shows that good marketing can do wonders :wink:

Skunk2 basically copied what GC had been doing for years. The only thing that worries me about Skunk is that nobody knows where the springs come from. I used to work as an engineer for a spring manufacturer and can tell you that the material alone can make a huge difference in spring quality (i.e. longevity as well as consistancey between batches of springs)

TEIN are full-body coildovers and can’t really be compared in the same class as Skunk/GC. TEIN are more in the class of H&R full-body C/O’s, JIC, Advanced Design, etc. And the price reflects that too :smiley:

Steve

I have skunk2’s and I like them, GC is equal if not better IMO

nonsense: where can you get GC’s for that price?? thanks

Hey, I asked a friend that has skunk2 coilovers on his 94 LS, yes its not the same year, but still skunk2’s, he said the spring rate is 500lbs, as with the GC’s you have a choice to which spring rate you want, just a heads up.

::::TAKEN FROM THE SITE:::

race springs: These race springs are available separately giving the experienced tuner more freedom in designing custom suspension setups. These are the same springs that come standard in each Skunk2 Racing-specific adjustable coilover kit.

Adj.coilover kit: Each kit comes complete with hard-anodized CNC-machined threaded aluminum sleeves, CNC-wound SAE 9254 racing springs, and mounting hardware that allows up to a 3" drop (sometimes more). Our dual-locking perch design has proven to be the most reliable method for securing the spring perches. The key to the coilover’s performance and unsurpassed ride quality is the advanced spring design technology that allows the use of higher spring rates with minimal compromise to ride quality.

I remember reading more info on the springs but I can’t find it any more.oh well. I hope this kinda helps a lil.
:smiley:

get the skunk 2’s, their is a big difference with skunk 2’s over stock springs. I just went to the mountain pass yesterday, with stock shocks and nitto nt460’s. It handles really good around teh corners, besides my tires loosing grip, don’t get these tires. But yeah get some tokico illuminas with that and your set. Installing mine sometime this week, sorry for talking so much… just some tips or so.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by AliEnHoMbOi
get the skunk 2’s, their is a big difference with skunk 2’s over stock springs. I just went to the mountain pass yesterday, with stock shocks and nitto nt460’s. It handles really good around teh corners, besides my tires loosing grip, don’t get these tires. But yeah get some tokico illuminas with that and your set. Installing mine sometime this week, sorry for talking so much… just some tips or so.:slight_smile:

Will Koni’s fit on Skunk 2’s or do only Tokicos fit . Is cool rollin on stock shocks until I get my shocks for the Skunk 2’s.

It’s ok. But not recommended. Your style of driving and how low you are dropped will determine how long it will take for your stock shocks to go bad. And they will go bad. I drove aggressivly for 7 months on stocks and skunk2’s and my shocks were gone …:smiley:

yeah tokico’s will fit the skunk 2’s, however I have heard that koni’s don’t come with the brake bracket, so you have to remove it from your old shocks. Correct me if I’m wrong anyone.

Originally posted by dankman
nonsense: where can you get GC’s for that price?? thanks

sorry . . . took a while to reply

JDMHondaParts.com

my GC coils are 280$ from www.groupbuycenter.com there is one with 260$ as well, but that dude reply every week or something, took so fucking long, so i just go with the 280$ one…

Originally posted by AliEnHoMbOi
yeah tokico’s will fit the skunk 2’s, however I have heard that koni’s don’t come with the brake bracket, so you have to remove it from your old shocks. Correct me if I’m wrong anyone.

yes you are right

Yea I think I’m gonna go with Tokicos theyre less expensive than Konis

i was thinking about skunk2 ,and gc , anyone know the cheapest place to get them online ?