Skunk 2 Sport Shocks with Tein H Tech Lowering Springs

Hey! I just purchased this set up for my 91 Integra GS Coupe. The car has stock suspension now and I was looking to upgrade. I didnt want anything too crazy or too low. Planning to use my car as a daily driver.

Wanted to ask, what kind of ride can I expect with this set up? Would there be a better shock to go with Tein H Tech springs (for daily driving purposes)? Any help would be much appreciated. Just want to make sure I made the right purchase.

Other considerations before buying Skunk 2’s… Tokico Blues and Koni Orange. These were the only shocks in my price range.

I went ahead and installed everything. Came out alot cleaner than I expected. The drop is nice, right where I was hoping it would be. The ride is almost like stock. Can slightly feel the bigger potholes, but nothing major, still feels like you’re on stock springs/struts. In my opinion, I’m happy with the set up.

Incase anyone had questions or wanted a picture of the drop, I included one below!

Looks like a really nice drop, nothing too severe but still enough to look good :up:

I have this currently feels great!!!

Looks really good, and it sounds like you are pleased with the ride…I think you found an affordable DD alternative to some of the more expensive suspension setups. If you don’t mind me asking, are those 15" wheels, and what size tires are you running?

Thanks! I like the set up alot. Really dont have anything to complain about.

The rims are 15" … They are the stock LS Mesh Rims you can find on a LS DC2. I wanted to go with GSR Blades or the SI rims, but those were a little harder to find. Tire size are 195/50.

drop looks really good.

Feels good I read a lot of people saying skunk 2 is not that legit I couldn’t be happier I have tockio Blues on my civic and my da feels way nicer this set up is legit and I would recommend to anyone who is looking to drop your car but also not have the ruffest ride

Very nice choice with Tein, always had positive experience with them. My only thought is that on Tunersports, which generally has good prices, Tein Street Basis coilovers are only $80 more than that setup (assuming everything is new). S2 shocks with Tein springs are about 440, and the coilovers are 520. This is just me thinking out loud. Personally, I would rather reach for the adjustable height aspect so that I could get it exactly where I want it, get all corners equal, raise it in the winter, etc. Keep us updated on how that setup holds up over time!