someone PLZ HELP-car wont start

i was riding down the road when i felt my car shutting off.i pulled over and tried turning on my car again it felt like it needed gas or something,it was reving like shit & sounding like shit too.WHEN I TOOK THE CAR HOME, I RAN SOME BASIC TEST AND FOUND OUT THERE IS NO SPARK COMING FROM THE SPARK PLUGS.
SO I REPLACED THE DISTRIBUTOR AND STILL NOTHING.I CHECKED THE ECU FOR ANY CODES,AND GOT A QUICK FLASH THAT TURNS ON AND OFF. CAN SOME ONE PLZ HELP. :mad: ANY IDEAS?

What code is the ECU throwing? One long flash stands for 10 then the short flashes stand for 1, so a long flash then 2 short flash would stand for code 12. Once you find out the code lets us know maybe someone will be able to give you a little more insight.

if you replaced the distributor without replacing the ignitor and ignition coil with new oem parts, then theres your problem. chances are your ignitor or ignition coil is bad.

I Dont Get A Long Flash I Get A Quick Flash(when I Turn The Key ) Then The Light Does Not Turn On Again.

spikeymike -I REALLY DONT UNDERSTANT WHAT U MEANT

what is you don’t understand?

you said you replaced the distributor. now is that just the distributor housing? or does that include the ignitor and ignition coil inside? in other simplier words, did you re-use your old distributor internal parts for your new distributor.

and please do not type in all caps.

I REPLACED THE DISTRIBUTOR,DOESNT THAT INCLUDE THE ignitor and ignition coiL.

that is what i’m asking you. did the new one come with all that or not? :roll:

some places sell the distributor without the igntion coil and ignitor, where you have to re-use your old ones. some don’t.

sorry the the caps.

yea

yea what?

yea it came with the ignitior and coil or yea it didn’t come with that stuff. :shrug:

being a bit more detailed helps.

im wondering why my ecu isnt giving any codes.

yes the distributor has all that.

i always see that flash right when you turn the key too. I dont think thats anything though. If the ecu doesnt flash then you dont have any codes. try checking your plug wires. maybe even your battery. I didnt understand some of what you explained either, about the “revving like shit” part. Was that before it shut off or after? All I can think of thats might be wrong is your wiring, but normally a car not starting would be the starter, starter solenoid, or parts in the distributor… From my experience with the car dying like that it was the internals in the block that got jacked up, and trying to start it so much killed the starter.