Spark Plug Wires Which ones?

im pretty new to cars and i just bought my 93 integ i wanted to know how big of a difference does replacing the spark plug wires do and what size wires are good i would like any recommendations thx :smiley:

I replaced my spark plugs a couple months after I bought my car. They were really in bad shape. But I installed some NGK’s (not the platinum ones) and I found my car accelerated faster and smoother. Don’t get the idea that spark plugs increase horsepower though, you’ll just get back the power that you lost. Same thing goes for the plug wires. Also when you buy new plugs, make sure you gap them correctly.

Originally posted by N FUL FX
I replaced my spark plugs a couple months after I bought my car. They were really in bad shape. But I installed some NGK’s (not the platinum ones) and I found my car accelerated faster and smoother. Don’t get the idea that spark plugs increase horsepower though, you’ll just get back the power that you lost. Same thing goes for the plug wires. Also when you buy new plugs, make sure you gap them correctly.

Neil, he was asking about wire.

Ken2288, regular oem or NGK wire will be good if you don’t have ignition upgrade. I believe the size is 6.4mm. Dyno proved regular wires work better with stock ignition system.

OEM is generally considered about the best with stock ignition. The only thing you might want to think about is whether or not you plan on getting an aftermarket ignition (no real need to on a basically modded honda though, from what i’m told), but if you plan on getting an aftermarket ignition, then you might want to get the wires that the aftermarket ignition company suggests for use with the aftermarket ignition, since the wires will work with your stock ignition, and many aftermarket ignitions need slightly better or differently designed wires than stock to work to their maximum potential. That way you won’t be buying wires twice. Otherwise though, I’d just go with OEM stock ones, or any others that were just as good.

thx for helping me out im thinking of sticking with the stock ones for now

FYI…

Stock reference # for off-the-shelf NGK spark plug wires (blue colour) is HE56.

Regards,

Oz

I just bought a new pair of stock wires… because the ngks failed on me!!! (the car started to run on 3 cyl. but as soon as I tried new wires, it ran fine again.) the ngks were less than a year old too.

STICK WITH OEM!!! I tried no-name wires and Neuspeed wires, both sucks!! now I have OEM wires and the car is running fine!! same thing applies for the cap and rotor…