Speedometer needle stuck

Okay, my bro installed some customer indiglo gauges on my car. I have had them for about 2 weeks. Well yesterday, I was driving on the freeway and noticed that I was going 65 mph on a 75 speed limit freeway. Trying to stay the limit I stepped on the gas. Well the speedometer needle didn’t move so it looked like I was still going on. After realizing that there was nothing wrong with my car, I noticed that the needle is stuck after I hit 65 mph. When my bro Vtec-typer and I installed it, we sent my sister to get some tape. Unfortunately she didnt’ get double sided tape, so we had to double wrap the tape. So the only thing that I can figure is that in the top right corner of my speed gauge, the tape is coming undone, and therefore blocking the needle.

This wouldn’t have anything to do with the speedo cable right?

Question: if I wait to fix this problem, do I risk damaging my needle?

I did a search but I am still not sure about my problem.
:up:

most likely its just like you guessed, the gauge face is probaly lifting up off the stock gauge and blocking the needle. Not sure if its bad if you don’t fix it asap though.

Okay, let me help clarify his problem, we checked and it doesn’t seem as thought the needle is hitting the gauge, the bezel helps keep the gauge flush as well as the screws. So, what the heck is going on? It just stops at 65! :sad:

Okay, let me help clarify his problem, we checked and it doesn’t seem as thought the needle is hitting the gauge, the bezel helps keep the gauge flush as well as the needles. So, what the heck is going on? It just stops at 65! :sad:

what in the hell is goin on

yeah when u look at the gauge it does not look as if the needle is caught on the gauge it just that once i hit 65 my needle stops. the RPM gauge is coll it will keep going but the other just doesnt go over 65 but when i go under 65 its fine i dont understand:confused:

Haha I had this problem too, cept mine happened at 80-100 I think. It kinda just went away after a while.:confused:

Did it kick in after 100? Did you install some indiglos or what?

yo yo guess hwat it worked today!!! i hit 70 and it went to 70 . thanks for everyones help hopefully it will stay cool!:clap: :clap:
thanks again

Did it kick in after 100? Did you install some indiglos or what?

No, I have stock gauges. I bought it from this older lady that garaged it and my guess is that it didn’t hit much more than 70, ever. I guess it just needed to kinda clear out any crap that was in there, now it works fine.

guess what the stupid gauges are stopping again this time at 55 sometimes! it makes me so mad:mad: whatever i guess i will drive not knowing what speed!

So what the deal everyone? Do I need to get another gauge cluster? That will probably be a real pain because it is going to screw up his mileage, and then who knows if another one will be in good shape. I swear, I barely moved the needle when installing, my gauge cluster works fine and never had a problem. Should Archteg just try to drive fast until it engages, or is his cluster doomed?

I have this problem too. Sometimes it gets stuck, sometimes it just rolls on. I installed my own guages that i made back in april. After about a month the problem arose, but it went away in a few weeks. Just about a month ago it started doing it more often. Mine gets stuck at 25 most of the time. Here lately its been getting stuck at 55.