squeaky belt....

whenever i start my car, and put it into reverse it squeaks really loud kind like a belt sqeaky noise, is this my timing belt or ? i had the same problem with my winter beater 89 accord, but never fixed it and just sold it. any info would be appreciated.

The timing belt is gear driven so I don’t think it’s that. I know the noise your talking about though. Alot of older cars do it when it gets cold. I would like to know the source of this noise also…

Tom

I dont know if this is what your talking about, but my belt use to squeek a bit when my car was at idle. So i poped the hood, and sprayed the gears that hold the timing belt with WD40, and it seemed to stop the squeek. Just make sure not to spray the belt directly, i dont know if WD40 will eat through it, but better to be safe than sorry. Oh yeh, i did this 6 months ago, and the squeek has been gone ever since. I think its just the age of the car.

Sorry if this isnt your problem, i just thought i would throw a suggestion out there, and hope it helps :slight_smile: