Stereo is resetting????

Recently, my CD player is doing what I call a reset, it all of a sudden stops like I turned the unit off (this usually happens when I turn on my ignition) while I am driving??? It really sucks, just when I am bumpin some Outkast, the music stops, and then comes back on after a few seconds… Is this the alternator?

Re: Stereo is resetting???

Originally posted by vtec-typer
Recently, my CD player is doing what I call a reset, it all of a sudden stops like I turned the unit off (this usually happens when I turn on my ignition) while I am driving??? It really sucks, just when I am bumpin some Outkast, the music stops, and then comes back on after a few seconds… Is this the alternator?

the power wire may have a loose connection and is just going on and off. check out your stereo wiring, if thats not it check the ground wire too.

Okay, I have really bad vibration in my car, gets really bad when AC is on. When I turn it off it gets alot better. Also, my lights have been dimming when I bump my stereo. I need to reconnect my capacitor because I didn’t have some of these problems when it was connected. It just sucks guys, my bros teg is like new. What did I do to it?

if your head unit goes on and then turns off a few times while driving, theres a short in the power or ground wire.I would pull the deck out while stereo is on and messs around with the wires in the back to see which ones turns the deck off when you touch it and that would be where the problem is.hope this helps

hmmm de ja vu what i said?

loose battery connection???