Stock alarm made by who?

I want to get a stock alarm for my integ but i can’t seem to find one… does anyone know where i could find one or which company made them for honda? i have an alarm now but i still like the honda arm/disarmbink bink sound and i’m sure it’ll plug into the harnesses and what not. So if anyone has any info TIA.

well when we installed my new alarm the one that we removed said "clifford " on it which is a very good alarm …but im not sure if its OEM …clifford is owned by DEI now …if that helps u at al
xoomz=-

I beleive Alpine made the stock alarms for our tegs. I could be wrong though…

Hmmmm… i’ll have to look into both of those see if either have a system that’ll plug into the integ… thanks

By any chance does anyone have a picture of their stock alarm remote that they can post? i’m curious as to what it looks like. Thanks

If memory serves me correct… we pulled out a stock alarm once in a G2 to install an additonal fuel-relay kill. The model number was hard to find, but when we called the dealership (my customer had to buy a spare remote anyway), the rep said it was one of many OEM Audiovox alarms that Honda installs. That actually makes sense, since I’ve seen a buttload of Audiovox’s installed in the Hondas/Acuras that I’ve worked on. I know what you’re thinking… AUDIOVOX. Well, look at it this way: 1. Of course it’s going to be a cheaper company, the lowest bid to manufacture any part ALWAYS wins, and 2. It works! That factory alarm was obviously built to last…

actually alpine has serviced alpines alarm needs to this day, but you wouldn’t be able to buy them from alpine, and none would fit into the stock plugs. it would have to be purchased from the dealer as they were specialty models created just for that. my advice is to buy an aftermarket anyway.

Starkfu: Yeah i think my best bet is going aftermarket most dealers told me to just get an aftermarket one.

Hondapower: Yeah i thought about that… but different dealers tell me that other companies made them. My local one told me “honda” made them. Another dealer i called said bulldog security or some thing like that made them. Yet another dealer said Karr security made them. So as you can see the confusion…

what would be the best choice out of :
Alpine
Clifford
Karr
maybe bulldog
and any other you guys would know that seems to be good

Originally posted by 91Hondainteg

what would be the best choice out of :
Alpine
Clifford
Karr
maybe bulldog
and any other you guys would know that seems to be good

Let me make the choice easier for you: pick one of the first 2 brands you got listed up top. The other two aren’t all that quality-oriented. Funny, I’ve owned all 4 of these alarms!! the last 2 were in my first cars…

aftermarket. nifty color lcd remotes n stuff