stock head units

Hey guys

Would a 94 and up stock integra head units (radio) work on my 90 LS? Will I have to get a wiring harness/modify the wiring in order for it to work? Also, will I need the stereo “code” for that particular head unit? I tried searching and haven’t seen much info that would help me out on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

R,

Eric

If you guys can’t find your radio code anywhere, and don’t want to go to the dealer, you can order your code for $10.00 from this website.

https://www.storesonline.com/site/511988/page/105203

You will need to use a 94 and up harness and cut/splice/solder it into your existing loom. If this doesn’t appeal to you, I guess you could cut off a '94 harness and wire it to a '93 adapter to make a custom harness. This would work. The wires are basically the same but the puck won’t fit from your G2 into the G3 deck (the plastic is a different shape).

Look at www.installdr.com

orrr

www.facereplace.com

and you will see what I mean.

If you need help with this let me know – it isn’t too hard. You may need to use your bracket from the G2 radio to mount the G3 radio perfectly otherwise you’ll need to mess around for a few minutes to get a good fit and make it secure.

HTH

Andrew
aka neex.

Actually, I just installed the 94 head unit durning my lunch break, and it fit perfectly. Didn’t have to splice any wires…it was a complete bolt-on job. And I used the same existing mounting brackets as well. I turned it on and it asked for a code, which I got from the website I posted, and it only cost me $10.00 for the code. Everything works great.

I stand corrected then… it must be 98s or 96s that have that odd-ball shaped puck.

I’m glad it worked out for you…

Andrew.
aka neex.

All honda decks use the same harness up to 98. They changed thereafter. I also did this in my moms 90ls as a cheap alternative to buying her a new cd player. The cd player was from a 98 gs. The cd/tape decks that were used in the integra were also used in the accords.

factory head units sux

Just buy an aftemarket cd player, why do you fool with facory items? Just my opinion

Factory :gun:

Well buddy

If it looks like u got a shitty HU, i doubt some dick would try and break in and steal it.

Saves you from possibly replacing a HU, broken glass, and other stolen items in your car.

Some people aren’t so picky about sound quality… they want something that’ll do the job… Don’t knock other people’s choices if they’ve got reasons for it.

I am going to buy a newer stock head unit from an integra too. I just got my nice rockford one stolen, and i don’t feel like dropin coin to get another one. plus i know if i get an aftermarket one, i will end up buying subs and amps and other stuff that i don’t have money for.

i was wondering if the LEDs on the newer integra displays match our current colored displays? or our the newer integras green or orange, not are white-blue color

i was wondering if the LEDs on the newer integra displays match our current colored displays? or our the newer integras green or orange, not are white-blue color

The deck has the same bluish-white lighting on them. The LCD display is also the light blue color. Not 100% sure if they are all the same thru the years(most likely) but the one from 98 was this color.