sunroof compatibility

Does anyone know if the all the sunroofs for the G2 are the same? I have a 91 LS, the molding on my sunroof is warped, so I get a lot of wind noise if the sunroof is closed and the sunshield is open.

I’m thinking of getting a used one, and putting that in. Has anyone installed a sunroof? Are they easy to take out, and put in?

Also, does anyone know of an adjustment on our sunroof? The guy at the glass shop said the reason the molding is messed up is because, the glass was out of adjustment, but he didn’t know how to adjust it.

I TOOK ONE OUT OF A CAR I BOUGHT FOR PARTS. IF YOU DON’T HAVE PATIENCE IT’S A PAIN IN THE ASS. YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR HEAD LINER. I REALLY DIDN’T GO IN A SPECIFIC ORDER BUT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE PILLAR MOLDINGS (A,B,C). THEN THE MOLDING ON THE SIDES THAT RUN ALONG THE TOP. THEN GENTLY PULL DOWN ON THE HEAD LINER. THE SUNROOF IN WHOLE, MEANING RAILS AND EVERYTHING SHOULD 4-8 BOLTS TO TAKE DOWN. THAT’S ALL I CAN REMEMBER, IF IT HELPS!!

The Helms manual says to use shims to adjust the height of the sunroof. I have no idea if these shims are something you can find at any hardware store; or only at Honda/ Acura.

too bad you don’t live in Seattle. I changed my interior way back and have an extra sunroof assy. Yeah exactly what 90BXTEG said. It is a pain to remove and would help if you had an extra set of hands and patience. I’m sorry but I don’t know of an adjusting points. Have you tried opening it partway and looking for a bolt or screw? I can go check my spare one tomorrow and see if I find anything.

K

When you open it, there are 2 bolts that are covered by little black caps, but I need mine to be lower, not higher. I think I can just learn to deal with the wind noise, as long as I have the sun shade closed, it’s not too bad, and it doesn’t leek. I was also thinking of just putting a visor on top of the sun roof, I think that would lessen the noise a lot.

Thanks for everyone’s help though.

John

Removing the sunroof is easy, it only takes about 15 minutes. Pull the wind deflector off, then remove the front rail ends and finally the allens that attach sunroof to the slider/lift link. Pull the glass forward and lift out. 4 nuts and two screws and all is done from sunroof opening, no interior has to be removed.