swap?

I have a 92 ls that is obd1,and I just bought a repoed 96 gsr sedan that is obd2. I need to know if I can convert the full wiring harness into my car along with the whole drive train?:gunleft: :gunright:

read the engine swap guide in the teg tips!!! that gives you all the info you need. But i’ll elaborate about the tranny.

As stated in the engine swap guide the tranny will not fit in your car (meaning it won’t bolt right in). There used to be a kit that was being made so you could…but its no longer available (because there was no demand for it since putting a hydro tranny in a G2 is pretty much pointless). It can be made to fit with a LOT of modifications. The gsr tranny is hydro so you’d need to install a clutch master cylinder all the lines for the fluid…and all the accompanying parts. In addition to that the tranny mounts are different, so you’d need to fabricate a new way to bolt the front of the tranny to your car. Both of these mods will be very time consuming and expensive (especially if you aren’t doing the work yourself). So whats your solution??? you’ll have to read the engine swap guide for that one.

Oh, and i’d recommend reading the swap guide a couple times at least, people have a tendancy to skip over parts of it w/o noticing.

I read the guide a couple of times and I understood the part about the tranny. The guide says to use my b18a wiring harness and add the three wires. I want to know if I can just take my wiring harness,and computer out and replace it with the wiring harness and computer from the 96 integra.

pull you old motor out put the 96 motor in abd hook up every think and drive away, you don’t need to convet itz is a wast of time

Originally posted by hmc 1992
I read the guide a couple of times and I understood the part about the tranny. The guide says to use my b18a wiring harness and add the three wires. I want to know if I can just take my wiring harness,and computer out and replace it with the wiring harness and computer from the 96 integra.

if that was an option…then the swap guide would have told you so. I guess I should have mentioned that. The swap guide is VERY comprehensive, and very complete. If Dan doesn’t mention something then its not something you need to deal with, or something that would be difficult to do.

The motor you’re talking about is obd2 (as you know from reading the swap guide). That ecu and harness will not work in your car. Just follow the swap guide and you’ll be happy. I know it means a little more time (meaning that you have to buy/sell some parts) but trust me, its a lot better of an idea than trying to convert to obd2 and get everything wired up and functioning properly.

nope you need and obd1 injectors wiring harness,dist. and p72 ecu unless you swap out the gsr im for a skunk2 then you can use any ecu.so basically you have everything except an ecu use all your stock parts that again inject.,harn.,dist, from the b18a and just drop the longblock once you find a 94-95 gsr ecu.or you can easily find chipped p28 but remember you have to get rid of that crap im.