Switching parts from B18B to B18A

You will save yourself alot of trouble by sticking with your stock IM. I just did this same swap (99’ JDM B18B into a non-obd DA) and decided it’s not worth trying to use the newer IM. It’s not like your going to feel any difference anyway. And if you want to upgrade get a Skunk2 or something.

Yea, well I’m just thinking that ease of work here. By converting to OBD-1, there is less mess to deal with, and I hear the B18B manifold flows just a liiiiitle more.

I have 3 spare ECUs, and 2 internal coiled distributors that I can sell for some cash to get that going.

Got the old engine out yesterday, dropped it through the bottom since I didn’t have a picker. Do I need to swap the drivers side engine mount that’s attached to the stock engine and stick it onto the B18B engine?

And lastly, what about the other misc. things that are on the firewall and what not posted in the pics on the bottom of page one?

Any help is great help. I want to have her on the road here in a few months. :slight_smile:

About to order my conversion harness and ecu. Question though, the sensor on top of the B18B intake manifold, what is that for? Because I doubt my stock wiring harness has a plug for that…

Lastly, the B18B intake manifold seems to have less vacuum ports on it than my original manifold, what should I do about this?

These are my final questions, some help would be useful.

Thanks

I’m gonna have to go to honda-tech, aren’t I?

I tried searching, but I don’t know the name of the part on top of the manifold. And what wires to run to it is the only thing I can’t seem to find information about in the swap threads.

Why are you going thru all that trouble when you could have just used your stock intake manifold? All you had to do was run the PVC output on your stock manifold to the new location on the new valve cover. Even if you dont have one, i think it would be easier than converting it over.

[QUOTE=Boosted_90Teg;1997656]Now on the old manifold there is this, what replaces that on the B18B Mani?
[/QUOTE]

^^those are eliminated on the B18B manifold

[QUOTE=Boosted_90Teg;1997656]Is it this? Because I don’t think there is wiring for this.
[/QUOTE]

^^that would be the EVAP purge control solenoid valve

[QUOTE=Boosted_90Teg;1997656]
On the B18B Mani, this isn’t there, is that a problem?
[/QUOTE]

^^that is called the FITV valve. eliminated on the 96+ B18B throttle bodies.
you can use a 94-95 LS throttle body if you want to keep the FITV.

Since there are more vacuum ports on the orig. mani, where to the parts in the second picture below go?

Second Pic / / /

And the wires from the MAP sensor in the picture above, those just get extended to the MAP sensor on the B18B throttle body.[/QUOTE]

^^ from left to right, Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid Valve, EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve, last one is MAP sensor

Would this all just work out easier if I got a OBD-0 to OBD-1 Wiring harness and injectors? And if I do, do I stick back on the original sensors that the B18B(OBD-1 or 2) came with?[/QUOTE]

the OBD0-OBD1 wiring harness is for the ECU. doesnt change any connectors for the motor. as for the injectors. as long as you have the original resistor box still there you can use your original injectors (peak & hold)

[QUOTE=tilegend;2001837]^^those are eliminated on the B18B manifold

^^that would be the EVAP purge control solenoid valve

^^that is called the FITV valve. eliminated on the 96+ B18B throttle bodies.
you can use a 94-95 LS throttle body if you want to keep the FITV.

^^ from left to right, Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid Valve, EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve, last one is MAP sensor

the OBD0-OBD1 wiring harness is for the ECU. doesnt change any connectors for the motor. as for the injectors. as long as you have the original resistor box still there you can use your original injectors (peak & hold)[/QUOTE]

Thank you oh so very much. I know on the B18B intake manifold those are gone, but what I mean is about the vacuum hoses and what not. And where does the Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid Valve and EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve connect to on the B18B manifold?

Is the FITV needed? I have no emissions here, so if I can get away without using it, I will. I have an aftermarket throttle body that I want to use, that’s why I want to use the B18B intake manifold.

Thanks for the reply TiLegend.