Syncro question

Originally posted by DP24
Hey BR… will those parts from the dealer fit my Y1 tranny?? I need a new fifth gear syncro…
I would assume that they use the same casing and shafts, so I would say yeah. Remember though, that is an assumption and I dont know for sure. Also, the fifth gear on the Y1 and the YS1 are geared differently so you would notice that too. The YS1 is geared longer than the Y1…

Later,
BR

Thanks for the part numbers BR that is just what i needed…

got an S1 and doing a rebuild with LS 5th gear Swap… i know you won’t aprove :smiley: … but i do a ton of highway driving…

ARCHIVETHIS

Originally posted by G2Teg
[B]Thanks for the part numbers BR that is just what i needed…

got an S1 and doing a rebuild with LS 5th gear Swap… i know you won’t aprove :smiley: … but i do a ton of highway driving…

ARCHIVETHIS [/B]
No problem, and it is not that I dont approve. It is that I just dont want that out of my teg. If that is what you want then why should I care??
Good luck with the swap and let me know if you need anything else.

Later,
BR

I was just joking mang… would you happen to have the gear syncro kit part numbers??

Originally posted by G2Teg
would you happen to have the gear syncro kit part numbers??
Yep, here it is…
3rd gear set - 23442-ps1-003

Later,
BR

can a wheel speed sensor froma 92 gs tranny fit a 92 Gsr tranny?? Please help

if you are talking about a power steering speed sensor … then yes… that is the only speed sensor i know of on a Tranny… but there maybe another one i’m not aware of…

Originally posted by kincaidintegra
can a wheel speed sensor froma 92 gs tranny fit a 92 Gsr tranny?? Please help
If you are talking about the one that goes into the top of the tranny and is held in by one bolt then the answer is yes. I am using a JDM YS1 tranny and I have my 91 LS sensor in it.

Later,
BR

Sweet Thanks.

Originally posted by kincaidintegra
Sweet Thanks.
no problem…

Later,
BR

Hey BR, I just bought a y1 tranny, and the fifth gear is jacked i think. I can’t shift into 5th at all. Now i have a JDM S1 tranny chillin in the trunk and I think something dicked in there, I was racin and I heard a click and it started clicking badly. SHould i fix the Y1 ( still on the car) Or go ahead, get the S1 looked at and see what wong with it, I’m guessing i can tear it down myself, and rebuild it. I was thinking of adding a g3 gsr gear since i do a lot of highway driving and dan said it was a good combo. WHAT should i do :confused: Please help. I followed your lead a little and got a CM lightened flywheel, I love it!! Thanks. Well hit me up.

my 3rd gear grinds too, but i got no funds for rebuild, how bad is it to drive as it grinds into 3rd almost everytime, should i double clutch it or something?