Taillight gasket replacement heads up

Yes they are the same.
Here is the part number if you gonna go with OEM.
33503-SK7-A01
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp
:edit: I always get a discount by puting this code in the “Newsletter discount code” space “AC012” So It will be $39.40 in total if you put that code in.

As for me I am going to buy the Poly Foam Weatherstrip at ACE Hardware
:burnout:

hey guyz would u people know if this stuff could be used too?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=39651&langId=-15&parent_category_rn=

i dunno…that is only a 1/4" thick, it may be too thin.(unless maybe you double up…) i got mine from the auto store, its much thicker and comes in like a 20’ roll.

I’m having the same issue as you guys on my driverside rear light.
Kewl, that is where I will go.
Was it less expensive than walmart or the hardware store?

Dm

great thread, i did a quick search and ran upon this thread. acura discontinued the taillight gasket for our vehicles

It sucks you cant get the OEM ones anymore, cause this tip blows ass.

oh really? seems to be working fine for me as an alternative to a pond trunk

Agreed, I wish you could find a solid piece of material like the original gasket and cut it yourself.

bringing this thread back to life. I got a little puddle in the trunk from the rain last night. Could this be the cause of a faulty taillight gasket? Thanks

Yeah that’s usually the place where it is coming in. There are drain holes near the aft of the trunk floor that allow water to flow out by the tail hook. As a temporary fix, you can apply tape to the top of the tailights’ black plastic covers to prevent water from getting into there and fogging up your taillights. Actually, that’s another way to know if the gasket is bad.

It could be the tail lights but my first guess would have been a leak from the sunroof drain tubes which run from the roof down in the quarter panel and then out to the exterior near the quarter panel/rear bumper. If your tail lights aren’t foggy and condensing then I’d assume it’s a drain tube leak. You should probably check both.

Hey there, got water on both sides of the hatch/trunk floor so I eBay-ed some aftermarket gaskets. I should back up and say I have a 90rs. No sunroof so no leak there (I hope). My question(s) 1, do I have to remove both back and side liner pannels? 2, does that plastic wire hanger/clip on the lower outside nut just pry off? I hate putting stress on antique plastic if I don’t have to.

I can take lights off with just the access panels removed. Kindof a pain but doable. And yes those clips over the screw just pry off

Sorry for the late response. I’ve been busy with work. Haven’t got time for the teg yet. But to answer your questions. yes there are condensation (very light) on the taillights. Can you send me the link for diy on how to fix the taillights?

Thanks so much for the reply. I’m horrendously late posting this as we’re up to our **ses. The RS was stolen shortly after this post. It’s our daily drive so we started looking for a replacement. Found and bought a 90 LS. Not our best buy as it needs immediate t-belt change and came doused in fragrance (F-breeze?) Good point(s) it came with records back to purchase. A month later we got Ol’ Silver back!! Still intact, including the still in package TAIL LIGHT GASKETS!!
LOL I’'m just getting around to them now. Thanks much guys!